Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Whogie

Re: Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Post by Whogie »

Hi, here's the log I mentioned in the 5.1.2 announcement thread. The XBox One is being detected as a 360 again.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(25.92 KiB) Downloaded 995 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Whogie wrote:The XBox One is being detected as a 360 again.
In renderers/Microsoft-XboxOne.conf try changing

Code: Select all

UpnpDetailsSearch = Xbox One , Xbox-SystemOS
to just

Code: Select all

UpnpDetailsSearch = Xbox One
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

That seems to have worked.

Edit: Seems to detect the 360 properly too while the XB1 is on. :)
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(28.06 KiB) Downloaded 1018 times
harma41

Post by harma41 »

Even version 5.1.2 still does not work better than 4.4.0 on Xbox One. I made the manual changes to the .conf file to get the renderer to recognize, but I am still having issues with file browsing and playback. I sometimes have to go into a directory twice to get the video files to show up. And then, I have issues with fast forwarding, which gets me the infinite spinning circle, because it cannot queue up the file any longer. I have also had three total losses of connectivity between the Xbox One and UMS, where it blows out the DLNA session while browsing files. Never an issue with 4.4, but I would like to take advantage of everything 5.x has to offer, but it is just not as stable as 4, especially on the Xbox One. Since the PS4 is media-useless, I would think that the Xbox One would be a prime development target.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Prime development target should not be any renderer because PMS --> UMS (Universal) 8-)
Btw. check other topics here as there are few updates to current UMS code in testing phase so it can help much to test them and report findouts with logs.
Also there are few new settings in UMS and renderer confs which reverts network discovery to v4.4 so you can also try them if it doesn't help.
In most cases why XBOX is not properly detected is that users customize its names so UMS see them as "Kitchen" or "Bedroom" etc.
jimwhat

Post by jimwhat »

Posted about this in the main 5.2.1 thread, but since I was unable to upload the debug file there, I'll post it here instead.

Original Post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3641&start=20#p17444
Attachments
ums_Jimwhat_NoThumbnails_5.2.1.zip
(26.28 KiB) Downloaded 1036 times