AviSynth/Interframe problems

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Genius1237

AviSynth/Interframe problems

Post by Genius1237 »

Hi,
I have been using UMS for quite a while now and I love all it's features. One feature that I commonly use is the AviSynth/Interframe feature.
I had been running UMS on a desktop PC with a 2nd Gen Core i5 and AMD Radeon HD 6770 Graphics card. Interframe worked perfectly. Recently I had to remove the graphics card, so now I am running on the onboard Intel HD Graphics 2000.
This has caused many problems. First of all, with the Enable GPU acceleration option ticked, none of the encoders work. Is the HD 2000 compatible?
Secondly, with the GPU acceleration disabled, the AviSynth/Mencoder and Avisynth/FFmpeg seem to have a mind of their own. They only work half the time. If it is working now, it does not work 5 minutes later. Also, if Avisynth/Mencoder maxes out all my 4 cores and gives me a proper stream, but Avisynth/FFmpeg only utilizes one core and the video is choppy. When it works for a 720p x264 mkv, 2 minutes later it does not work for a 360p XviD avi file.

I could upload the logs, but all the logs say are ffmpeg or mencoder returned error code 1.

Please tell me what is going on and help me.
Genius1237

Re: AviSynth/Interframe problems

Post by Genius1237 »

Here is the debug zip.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

First you can try the latest UMS build and seccond read the ExSport's reply at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3340&p=16218#p16218
It seems you have some of problems he mentioned.
Genius1237

Post by Genius1237 »

I saw the post you mentioned.
My problem was that everything was working when I had the HD 6770. I have all the codecs necessary for avisynth to work. It stopped working when I removed the graphics card and switched to Intel HD 2000.
Today after I restarted my PC and launched UMS, the first few times I tried selecting a file it(Avisynth) did not work. After about 5 minutes, everything started to work. This makes me wonder what the real problem could be.