PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Janz

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by Janz »

Still not working. Tried playing mkv file with srt subtitles and still getting error on PS4 after around 20 seconds.
Attachments
debug.log
Trying to play mkv with srt subtitles
(26.33 KiB) Downloaded 665 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi Janz, thanks for the logs. Please try http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-67c7ad0.exe
Also if you could provide the whole log for this one it would be useful :)
Janz

Post by Janz »

Heya, same problem with this build too. Same file works perfectly when playing on my Samsung TV.

Attached full logs this time :)
Attachments
debug.log
(47.85 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
pulp

Post by pulp »

Hey SubJunk, do you think UMS will ever be able to play .srt files on a USB stick into a PS4 WITHOUT Sony making any changes? Or do we have to wait for Sony to Update the PS4?
creighton

Post by creighton »

SubJunk wrote:Hi Janz, thanks for the logs. Please try http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-67c7ad0.exe
Also if you could provide the whole log for this one it would be useful :)
Here's a full TRACE log for this version when trying to play my transcode1.mkv file via manual transcode with FFmpeg (after 20 seconds, PS4 said it could not play the file).
Attachments
ums-67c7ad0_dbg.zip
(38.89 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
TheRiddler303

Post by TheRiddler303 »

pulp wrote:Hey SubJunk, do you think UMS will ever be able to play .srt files on a USB stick into a PS4 WITHOUT Sony making any changes? Or do we have to wait for Sony to Update the PS4?
.srt works on Media Player when loaded from USB Stick when you turn on CC in General Settings of the PS4. its just not working over DLNA right now. dont see the difference :/
pulp

Post by pulp »

TheRiddler303 wrote:
pulp wrote:Hey SubJunk, do you think UMS will ever be able to play .srt files on a USB stick into a PS4 WITHOUT Sony making any changes? Or do we have to wait for Sony to Update the PS4?
.srt works on Media Player when loaded from USB Stick when you turn on CC in General Settings of the PS4. its just not working over DLNA right now. dont see the difference :/

Seriously? CC is ON for the PS4, first thing I found when looking for the solution after initial try. I could NOT get "Woman In Gold" to play with the .srt file on the the PS4, 1/4 in German. The SAME stick played flawlessly with subtitles, on my PS3. WTF? :idea:

On USB = works for PS3
Woman.in.Gold.2015.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.mp4
Woman.in.Gold.2015.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.srt

On USB NOT working for PS4
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the logs guys, unfortunately this means that my idea on how to fix transcoding to PS4 was incorrect, so I will have to have another idea (or someone else will). I'll have a think and try again :)
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

Theres a second thread about this over in media renderers I started before this one. info you seek might be in there...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3519
TheRiddler303

Post by TheRiddler303 »

pulp wrote:
TheRiddler303 wrote:

Seriously? CC is ON for the PS4, first thing I found when looking for the solution after initial try. I could NOT get "Woman In Gold" to play with the .srt file on the the PS4, 1/4 in German. The SAME stick played flawlessly with subtitles, on my PS3. WTF? :idea:

On USB = works for PS3

On USB NOT working for PS4
see, i just cant see any pattern on here.
First i tried a file on PS4 over DLNA using serviio without CC turned on. Video Worked but, no sub for sure.
Then turned on CC in general settings, since then its not loading anymore file with an sub inside the folder. If i remove the sub from the Folder, the mkv works like a charm. I thought it might be an error with Serviio, same results with UMS.
Next i just tried to copy the files to any USB and it worked straight away. I read on the Sony Blog that lots of people got it work over DLNA with a sub, so wheres the deal? Its still so buggy and unstable, guess Sony just put that out to have something in return for MS downgrade.