Version 5.2.1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Paradox

Re: Version 5.2.1 is released

Post by Paradox »

Whogie wrote:JPG doesn't support transparencies, and GIF is very limited in colors especially when dealing with transparencies. If it went JPG, it would have to have a background anyways.
Nothing was transparent per say as things stood with the conf it only looked it due to using the same background colour the xbox was using.
Paradox wrote:Try also adding...
ForceJPGThumbnails = true
ThumbnailAsResource = true
Whogie wrote: Does that help the transcode folder?

Code: Select all

ForceJPGThumbnails = true
Still gives half-renders
Something is most definately wrong with your config then, unless the xbox one doesnt support JPG.
Whogie wrote:

Code: Select all

ThumbnailAsResource = true
No custom thumbnails load at all. It's all system icons. Nothing from UMS or video file previews.
Yeah i thought that may happen that option was more a last hope gasp.
AuthenticM

Post by AuthenticM »

What's the difference between the different Java versions ?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

AuthenticM wrote:What's the difference between the different Java versions ?
Not much, they have just been written with the Java code optimizations from those versions.
AuthenticM

Post by AuthenticM »

SubJunk wrote:
Not much, they have just been written with the Java code optimizations from those versions.
Ok, thank you.

My PS4 cannot read .mkv files using the H.264 codec through UMS. This wasn't the case before the PS4 was officially supported by the program. Now I simply get a "no readable media" message. What gives ?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

AuthenticM wrote:
SubJunk wrote:
Ok, thank you.

My PS4 cannot read .mkv files using the H.264 codec through UMS. This wasn't the case before the PS4 was officially supported by the program. Now I simply get a "no readable media" message. What gives ?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
alza1006

Post by alza1006 »

So, as a long time user, thought i'd help out and post my findings of this new version on the ps4.
(Note: apart from changing font size, all settings in transcoding tab are default).

MP4 files: Play great, skipping/fast forwarding works.
MKV files: Play great, no skipping (doesn't work).

For anime specifically, I have found that there is no longer a need to untick the "remux videos with tsMuxeR..." in FFmpeg and MEncoder tabs for anime to work.
However same rules apply as above, MP4 files can skip, MKV format cannot.

EDIT: Some anime MKVs seem to be skippable, cannot find any reason why with respect to codec information.

In addition, after playing approximately 4 files of any type, UMS seems to break and doesn't load folders or play anything, and both PS4 Media Player and UMS need to be reset. This also seems to happen if you leave both programs open for about 5 minutes but don't use them. Lastly, it seems to be 50/50 on whether UMS will work upon first opening it, often it will not find the PS4 or will find it but doesn't load anything until a restart.

I have not tested it on PS3 yet, but if you want I can post my findings once I do.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

@alza1006 Please post debug package in TRACE mode after reproducing problem to help further.
We have to see if mkv is streamed as is, if it is transcoded due to subtitles present etc. which all can have influence on FF/RW behavior (streamed files should be FF/RWed but transcoded files not as there is no support on PS4 side or that further tuning have to be done for making FF/RW available for PS4)
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

I have just noticed an issue with 5.2.0 and 5.2.1.

I do not normally use FFmpeg for transcoding prefering Mencoder I have a query though....

Why is FFMpeg now transcoding to AVC (at least thats what is reported) on my Sony Bravia 40EX403?
This does not work properly, if you pause or skip forward/backward or fastforward or rewind while viewing the sound becomes out of sync no mater the format of video file.

Mencoder still transcodes to MPEG2 (or thats what the bravia recognises the file as) and that still works flawlessly.

Has the TranscodeVideo = MPEGPS-MPEG2-AC3 default option been changed to MPEGTS-MPEG2-AC3 as the default or is it something else?

I suspect this may be something to do with TSMuxer now being used with FFMpeg which is a good step forward but i suspect on many devices it currently has issues.

Any advice on why files show as AVC format when using FFmpeg but MPEG when using Mencoder???
jps92

Post by jps92 »

Hello,

My yamaha RN500 is recognized like a Streamium.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

jps92 wrote:Hello,

My yamaha RN500 is recognized like a Streamium.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556