PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Audioboxer

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by Audioboxer »

Does anyone else's copy on Windows 10 crash due to Java hogging a ton of memory and then freezing?
hiroshawn

Post by hiroshawn »

I cant get this to work for the life me. I downloaded the media player on PS4 and I downloaded UMS. The PS4 isn't detecting it though. What a I doing wrong?
Lasher

Post by Lasher »

hiroshawn wrote:I cant get this to work for the life me. I downloaded the media player on PS4 and I downloaded UMS. The PS4 isn't detecting it though. What a I doing wrong?
it all depends how you have everything set up ... if you have an antivirus/firewall it could be blocking them seeing each other ... also are you running this wireless or via ethernet

more info would help us to help you :)

@audioboxer ... sorry im still on windows 7 ... so dont know about windows 10 ... stupid question but have you updated to the latest java as they rolled out a update a week or so ago ... other then that i have no idea
Audioboxer

Post by Audioboxer »

Lasher wrote:
hiroshawn wrote:I cant get this to work for the life me. I downloaded the media player on PS4 and I downloaded UMS. The PS4 isn't detecting it though. What a I doing wrong?
it all depends how you have everything set up ... if you have an antivirus/firewall it could be blocking them seeing each other ... also are you running this wireless or via ethernet

more info would help us to help you :)

@audioboxer ... sorry im still on windows 7 ... so dont know about windows 10 ... stupid question but have you updated to the latest java as they rolled out a update a week or so ago ... other then that i have no idea
Turning off cache seems to have fixed my issues!
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

Am i the only one having A/V sync issues with UMS latest version on AVI files ?
gumbyx84

Post by gumbyx84 »

I've been running into issue streaming to my PS4 using UMS 5.2.1 though not in the same way you guys are. When playing a video, it will randomly start to stutter or freeze up all together. The videos are just MP4 with AC3 audio encoding so there shouldn't be any transcoding. I am running both over a 2.5GHz wireless network, but I do not have this problem with my PS3 that is on the same network with the same video files.
CascaCure

Post by CascaCure »

Hey guys,

Any way to change Aspect Ratio? All the videos I've played on PS4 with UMS seem to be in 4:3 with black bars on the left and right. I'm running ps4 on a 32 HDTV at 1080p. / UMS 5.2.1 / Win 7

Any help is greatly appreciated
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Does anyone else have this issue?
michaelt

Post by michaelt »

SubJunk wrote:Does anyone else have this issue?
Yes - but not this configuration (see signature).
All my non-Blu-ray *.mkv videos get the pillar bars.
Extraction done with MakemKV.
MacPro5,1 - 2.8 GHz, 32 GB, 20TB, OS X 10.11.6,
. . . . and a few others.
Samsung UN55C8000
Home Theater (WIP): OS X based now, dedicated Linux later.
mero27

Post by mero27 »

Hi Guys,
so i have an issue with some video files, mainly anime, that i cannot fast forward or rewind in, and there's no timeline or minutes counter, any idea how i can fix this?
Thanks.