Samsung BD-F6500 mkv 3D Half-OU subtitle problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
daruma

Samsung BD-F6500 mkv 3D Half-OU subtitle problem

Post by daruma »

I have an Samsung BD-F6500 player which can play from dlna sources so I would like to use UMS. I have only one problem when I try to play Half-OU 3D mkv mkv with subtitle. My player can't handle correct the subtitle in that case. The two subtitles position vertically are different relatively in the two half picture and when the TV mix them they became unreadable. The UMS can trans-code to burn the subtitle in the stream correctly but It has very huge CPU usage the play is lagging. Is there any way to set the right position? Maybe it is possible to set in a specified renderer config set the subtitle position to the right place avoid the transcoding.

Sorry for my bad English!
ExSport

Re: Samsung BD-F6500 mkv 3D Half-OU subtitle problem

Post by ExSport »

Mostly in MKV container there are subs in 2D format so UMS will convert them to 3D depending on filename (detection of SBS,OU,...)
If you need to do it without recompression, you need to extract subs or download them from internet and convert them to 3D and mux them back to MKV container or play them externally if your renderer support it.
There are few apps for conversion:
http://www.3dstreaming.org/forum/faq-ge ... t2ssa.html
http://3dvision-blog.com/5996-3d-subtit ... 3d-videos/
Btw. FFmpeg don't support internal subs so UMS have to extract them beforhand. On Win it is stored there: C:\ProgramData\UMS\data
I expect you will find there also converted subs by UMS (in 3D format) so you can reuse them and mux them back to MKV container.
daruma

Post by daruma »

I think I was misunderstand-able. The UMS reconnizes well the 3D format and can send the subtitle to the player but the position is wrong. It possible there is no way to change the position of the subtitle in server side without transcoding. In that case I have to burn the subtitle in the movie to avoid the transcoding. I hope there is some special setting for the player client how put the subtitle in the picture.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Post debug.zip in trace mode to see what is going on.
Play file in two ways. In one way subs are broken and in another way subs are ok and describe it so we can understand the log.
If I understand your problem right it seems position stored SSA/ASS subtitle format is interpreted wrongly by renderer but when same subs are burned by FFmpeg, everything is ok so FFmpeg implementation is ok in positioning subs but not renderer.
Please post logs so we can see what renderer conf was used for your TV. Then we can see if any external/internal subs support is set or not.
It seems to me your renderer conf doesn't include something like this:

Code: Select all

# Supported subtitles formats:
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP,ASS,TEXT,MICRODVD,WEBTT,SAMI
SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP,ASS,TEXT,MICRODVD,WEBTT,SAMI
so when file is streamed as is (mkv file is sent as is and subs are rendered by renderer itself), subs doesn't work but when transcoded, UMS will extract subs from MKV in ASS/SSA format and burn them by FFmpeg which works. Then I see possible difference in original internal subs and subs generated by UMS or how subs are interpreted by FFmpeg/renderer itself.
Logs, logs, logs ;)
Don't forget read red part at the top of this thread :idea: