Problem with audio sync (Panasonic TV)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
UMS_user99

Problem with audio sync (Panasonic TV)

Post by UMS_user99 »

I've recently installed UMS and I am very impressed with the features of this program especially after comparing it with other similar ones.

I'm using it with a Panasonic TX P42G20E model TV.

However, I've noticed a problem which I hope can be solved: When skipping a video forward using my TV's remote control the new position from which the video starts playing is no longer synchronized with the picture. The audio is ahead of the video. Based on a test that I carried out, it appears not to affcet mkv files, but it does affect mp4 and possibly avi files.

I attach the relevant log files.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(112.31 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
Tonne M

Re: Problem with audio sync (Panasonic TV)

Post by Tonne M »

This is something that happens on my Panasonic TX-L37E30E as well sometimes. Although I always use transcoding, I am able to fast forward, rewind, pause and resume.
When things are out of sync I simply pause for a second or three and resume. 99% of the time everything is back in sync,
Not sure if this works for you but you might want to give it a try.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

It depends if MEncoder or FFmpeg is used.
You can try A/V Sync Alternative MEthod on MEncoder page if it helps and post results.
UMS_user99

Post by UMS_user99 »

Thank you both for the suggestions. I'll test them at the next opportunity.
UMS_user99

Post by UMS_user99 »

Unfortunately neither method solved the problem... :(
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

You are using tsMuxeR engine so try enabling/disabling "Force FPS parsed from FFmpeg" on tsMuxeR tab if anything change...
UMS_user99

Post by UMS_user99 »

ExSport wrote:You are using tsMuxeR engine so try enabling/disabling "Force FPS parsed from FFmpeg" on tsMuxeR tab if anything change...
Thanks for the tip. I tried it, but no luck. However, the problem I feel is caused only when playing mp4 files. I tested it with some avi files and the audio sync is perfect with those.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Ok then don't test mkv files but only problematic ones ;) Then your log is almost useless when only some files had problems but some not.
So ignoring mkv files I see some mp4 files and also that UMS forces audio transcoding from AAC to AC3 and video is copied as is and muxed together by tsMuxeR.
There are so many possibilities why A/V can be out of sync:
http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Seeking
You can try another troubleshooting by avoiding audio transcoding.
Please stop UMS and remove red part from your Panasonic-Viera.conf file. Then start UMS again:
Supported = f:aac m:audio/x-m4a n:2 a:(?!alac).+
If you will not hear audio, your TV doesn't support AAC. If you will hear audio, TV supports it, great.
If you hear audio, is it synced? If yes, problem is AAC transcoding to AC3. If not synced, problem is demuxing and remuxing process (then some tips from seeking wiki can help)
Btw. if you will create new debug.log with only one affected file tested, please add this file to the archive [C:\Users\Costas\AppData\Local\Temp\universalmediaserver\pms-tsmuxer.meta]
FFmpeg demuxes audio and video streams separately and tsMuxeR muxes them back together. It will be useful what params are added in this meta file.
Thx for tests
UMS_user99

Post by UMS_user99 »

Many thanks ExSport. I'll try what you say and will report back.
UMS_user99

Post by UMS_user99 »

ExSport wrote:Please stop UMS and remove red part from your Panasonic-Viera.conf file. Then start UMS again:
Supported = f:aac m:audio/x-m4a n:2 a:(?!alac).+
If you will not hear audio, your TV doesn't support AAC. If you will hear audio, TV supports it, great.
If you hear audio, is it synced? If yes, problem is AAC transcoding to AC3. If not synced, problem is demuxing and remuxing process (then some tips from seeking wiki can help)
Btw. if you will create new debug.log with only one affected file tested, please add this file to the archive [C:\Users\Costas\AppData\Local\Temp\universalmediaserver\pms-tsmuxer.meta]
FFmpeg demuxes audio and video streams separately and tsMuxeR muxes them back together. It will be useful what params are added in this meta file.
ExSport
I tried to follow the steps that you set out. After removing the text in red from the conf file I could still hear the audio. Please note that I edited the Panasonic-Viera.conf file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers\ directory. The audio was not synced after I used fast-forward on my TV remote. Unfortunately I couldn't understand the information in the wiki page.

How do I add the affected file to the archive?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(85.71 KiB) Downloaded 539 times