Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
HT1

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 August 2015)

Post by HT1 »

i can`t get ums to start jumpy properly, says there is nothing to display. works fine in ps3 server.

i've tried many times to reinstall ums and jumpy&kodi, it doesn't show anything in ums but the word jumpy in the ums menu.
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Emmo213 wrote:FYI I think there were some changes with the latest Kodi. It took me a bit to get things going but eventually I did. The jumpy scripts and things will have to eventually be updated.
Thx, but can you be a little more specific :)? In Windows I'm using Kodi 15.2 and haven't noticed any special issues. Please post logs (including plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.log if it's an installer-related problem).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Larus wrote:How can I change path for convert.exe tool ? Jumpy can't work with default path because of spaces in that path. Otherwise it looks in %windows% folder but there is a system convert.exe tool (for filesystems) that obviously won't work.
Jumpy's built-in workaround for this precise issue is to use an absolute 8dot3 path (i.e. without spaces) to imagemagick convert, since it's impossible to bypass system32/convert.exe via manipulating the system PATH, so you should be seeing something like this in jumpy.log:

Code: Select all

[jumpy] setEnv: imconvert=C:\PROGRA~2\UNIVER~1\win32\convert.exe
If the log shows the full path including spaces it's possible that 8dot3 paths are disabled on your system, see here for the (highly inconvenient, as with all things Windows :)) fix.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:i can`t get ums to start jumpy properly, says there is nothing to display. works fine in ps3 server.
i've tried many times to reinstall ums and jumpy&kodi, it doesn't show anything in ums but the word jumpy in the ums menu.
Not enough info, alas :). Please attach full logs (including plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.log).
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
HT1 wrote:i can`t get ums to start jumpy properly, says there is nothing to display. works fine in ps3 server.
Not enough info, alas :). Please attach full logs (including plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.log).
the ums logs show nothing when i launch jumpy on my tv. but here you go
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(63.82 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
setup.log
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:the ums logs show nothing when i launch jumpy on my tv. but here you go
Jumpy can't find python because there's no python.path setting in your UMS.conf, which is incomplete (i.e. missing the last 700 lines or so, compare to the original here), and hence none of the jumpy settings (which would have been added at the end of the file) are available.

Somehow it's been corrupted (I've never seen this before), but you can try either repairing your UMS.conf by hand, or re-downloading the UMS installer and trying a clean install from scratch.

Ultimately, based on your jumpy setup.log, these 3 settings should be present in your UMS.conf for jumpy to work:

python.path = c:\\Python27\\python.exe
rtmpdump.path = C:\\PROGRA~2\\UNIVER~1\\win32\\rtmpdump.exe
youtube-dl.lib.path = C:\\PROGRA~2\\UNIVER~1\\win32\\YOUTUB~1
HT1

Post by HT1 »

i've reinstalled ums yet again, deleting the ums folder in programdata before hand.

downloaded ums from the site, instaled it, ran the setup wizard from ums also.
went to tv made sure it works
then exited ums and downloaded jumpy to the plugin folder and launched it as admin. everything was greenlit.
went to tv made sure it works

but still no go.

On TV ums shows all my drives and jumpy and devices, when i use my remote to start jumpy or devices it still says "nothing to display".

Attached logs straight from the fresh install.

ps: in ps3 it works fine. is it possible to redefine or re-organize the jumpy menu on tv for what the i need ?
The 2 util folders aren't useful to me, a bunch of other folders as well, i'd rather jump straight into the bookmarks or my fav addon twitchtv (from Kodi). is that possible or something like that?
Attachments
setup.log
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
ums_dbg.zip
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 405 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:On TV ums shows all my drives and jumpy and devices, when i use my remote to start jumpy or devices it still says "nothing to display".
Your setup looks ok now, i.e. jumpy is loaded and python is found. Some things to try:
  • Since your Bravia isn't being automatically recognized, it could have to do with the default renderer profile you're using:

renderer_default =Sony Bravia HX
    maybe try some other Bravia flavors.
  • This probably has nothing to do with it but add the youtube addon to Kodi just for the hell of it:
    jumpy.log wrote:Error: plugin.video.youtube not found.
HT1 wrote:ps: in ps3 it works fine. is it possible to redefine or re-organize the jumpy menu on tv for what the i need ?
You can disable scripts by
  • Unchecking the 'enable' box in the 'Scripts' tab of the jumpy gui panel.
  • Or you can press the 'jumpy-scripts.ini' button to open the file in notepad and do it by hand using a # in each heading that you want to disable, e.g.
    [#Util/Reboot]
    [#+text]
    [#+webreader]
    [#+feedreader]
    [#+earmarker]
    [#+capture]
    [#examples]
    and restart ums.
HT1 wrote:i'd rather jump straight into the bookmarks or my fav addon twitchtv
You can get your addons to be listed in the top xmb folder with this minor hack:
  • Press the 'xbmc.py' link on the Scripts > jumpy-xbmc panel in the jumpy gui and the script should open up in notepad
  • Add a forward slash / to line 92 as shown below and save:
    pms.addItem(PMS_FOLDER, "/[%s] %s" % (_special['xbmc_name'], pms.esc(info['name'])), \
  • Restart ums
Larus

Post by Larus »

infidel wrote:
Larus wrote:How can I change path for convert.exe tool ? Jumpy can't work with default path because of spaces in that path. Otherwise it looks in %windows% folder but there is a system convert.exe tool (for filesystems) that obviously won't work.
Jumpy's built-in workaround for this precise issue is to use an absolute 8dot3 path (i.e. without spaces) to imagemagick convert, since it's impossible to bypass system32/convert.exe via manipulating the system PATH, so you should be seeing something like this in jumpy.log:

[jumpy] setEnv: imconvert=C:\PROGRA~2\UNIVER~1\win32\convert.exe
If the log shows the full path including spaces it's possible that 8dot3 paths are disabled on your system, see here for the (highly inconvenient, as with all things Windows :)) fix.
Thanks for help!
Weird, but I had that log entry partly ok, partly wrong:

[jumpy] setEnv: imconvert=C:\PROGRA~2\Universal Media Server\win32\convert.exe
But after adding shortname for "Universal Media Server" problem is solved.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
HT1 wrote:On TV ums shows all my drives and jumpy and devices, when i use my remote to start jumpy or devices it still says "nothing to display".
Your setup looks ok now, i.e. jumpy is loaded and python is found. Some things to try:
  • Since your Bravia isn't being automatically recognized, it could have to do with the default renderer profile you're using:

renderer_default =Sony Bravia HX
    maybe try some other Bravia flavors.
  • This probably has nothing to do with it but add the youtube addon to Kodi just for the hell of it:
    jumpy.log wrote:Error: plugin.video.youtube not found.
thanks for the info, i didn't even know the ums.conf was truncated. ums didn't say anything about it.

infidel wrote:
HT1 wrote:ps: in ps3 it works fine. is it possible to redefine or re-organize the jumpy menu on tv for what the i need ?
You can disable scripts by
  • Unchecking the 'enable' box in the 'Scripts' tab of the jumpy gui panel.
  • Or you can press the 'jumpy-scripts.ini' button to open the file in notepad and do it by hand using a # in each heading that you want to disable, e.g.
    [#Util/Reboot]
    [#+text]
    [#+webreader]
    [#+feedreader]
    [#+earmarker]
    [#+capture]
    [#examples]
    and restart ums.
neat, it did the trick
infidel wrote: You can get your addons to be listed in the top xmb folder with this minor hack:
  • Press the 'xbmc.py' link on the Scripts > jumpy-xbmc panel in the jumpy gui and the script should open up in notepad
  • Add a forward slash / to line 92 as shown below and save:
  • Restart ums
i haven't tried this hack yet, but i will, thanks.

ok, so here we are, just for info, jumpy gui works in ums but it didn't show up on tv, maybe profile like you said.

The bookmarks: even after i got jumpy to work on the tv, adding some bookmarks left the file uncreated on windows where jumpy expected it, it asked me each time i clicked it in jumpy gui if i wanted to create it.

i finally just cut&pasted the contents of the bookmark file from pms to ums and edited the paths accordingly, things now show up on my tv, but idk if i can add or remove. seems to be a buglet there in ums/jumpy.

I tried all profiles in ums maybe playing with all of them reset something, seems now the Bravia W and the bravia hx work with my TV (video files) and jumpy seems happy and working for the most part on both ums (bookmark bug) and pms (bookmark works).

anyway, thanks infidele that was mighty nice and thorough help.
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red