Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
HT1

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 August 2015)

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions for future improvements HT1 but it would be more productive to post a set of logs I think ;).
ok, i hope you'll at least consider having your installer do the work from where it is instead of having us copy it in the plugins folder. most installers at very least ask where to install. this registry way you can find out where the plugins folder is.

good luck!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(24.7 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Supermanfan77 wrote: is there a way trick jumpy into reading the audio as 2 channels instead of 1? Or is that a question I should be asking in the UMS main issue thread?
Jumpy's job is just to deliver a resolved url to UMS, and it isn't concerned at all with the media details here so there's nothing relevant you could trick it into doing. Formatting output is a renderer configuration issue which is probably best addressed in the Media Renderers forum, and would need a set of logs to show what exactly is happening.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:good luck!
Ok, I deserved that :), the relevant log would be plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.log, which of course isn't produced because jumpy isn't installed...

Since you're already set up for jumpy anyway (having installed Kodi, python, etc previously), try a manual install:
  • Shut down UMS.
  • Unzip the jumpy zip package (jumpy-0.3.8-dev-151027.zip) to your plugins folder.
  • Add your python.path setting to UMS.conf:

Code: Select all

python.path = c:\\Python27\\python.exe
  • restart UMS.
If jumpy's working, you can try shutting down UMS again and double-clicking plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.bat (this is the actual setup script which the installer uses), which should then check for and install the other missing pieces (youtube-dl, imagemagick convert, etc) if you need those (they're not required for running Kodi addons).

EDIT: I just remembered you're upgrading to Windows 8 :) , so if you're missing them, do a manual install of Python 2.7 and Kodi first, then try the above including double-clicking on setup.bat to complete the setup.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
HT1 wrote:good luck!
Ok, I deserved that :)
nah i didn't mean it like that.

Anyway so i'm trying out ums on a win8.1 laptop, hoping the i5 will do truemotion better than my old Q9550. Nothing's installed yet but ums and kodi, i'll give your setup.bat a try tonite.

thanks
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Hello Infidel,

Please help, this might be something really dumb but is kicking my tail.

I had used UMS for at least 3 years mainly to stream content from my pc. Now trying to get the Jumpy plugin running and working under win7, I had followed all the instructions however I cannot get it to work, the installer jumpy-0.3.7 installer says it cannot find ums.conf (whether I tried as admin or not... ).

Then in the log you could see all of the java.io.IOExceptions: Cannot run program "python" (in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\lib"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I did however installed Python with easy_install and all the other recommended & related scripts, as well as Kody

Jumpy shows up in the renderer (Panasonic ST50) but nothing works

Thanks in advance for any help

Doxeng
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(31.56 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Doxeng wrote:Then in the log you could see all of the java.io.IOExceptions: Cannot run program "python"
  • Add a python.path setting to UMS.conf so jumpy can find python (ordinarily the installer would have done this). Assuming you installed python at the default location, the setting would be:

Code: Select all

python.path = c:\\Python27\\python.exe
  • Also, try double-clicking plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.bat so the installer can check for and add the additional required modules to python (unless you've already added them manually via easy_install). If it doesn't work, please attach plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.log.
  • If there's no plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.bat in your installation, replace jumpy by unzipping the dev version zip package (jumpy-0.3.8-dev-151027.zip) to your plugins folder.
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Thanks Infidel,

I did as suggested including unzipping the development zipped package, still the same issue:

Here is a C&P of jumpy setup.bat run as administrator:

Sat 11/28/2015 11:29:14.81
The volume state for Disable8dot3 is 0 (8dot3 name creation is enabled).
The registry state of NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation is 0 (Enable 8dot3 name creation on all volumes).
Based on the above two settings, 8dot3 name creation is enabled on C:.
Downloading "http://skeptical.github.io/jumpy/setup.zip"
1 file(s) moved.
Archive: setup.zip
inflating: C:/PROGRA~2/UNIVER~1/plugins/jumpyrew/setup/setup.bat
inflating: C:/PROGRA~2/UNIVER~1/plugins/jumpyrew/setup/bin/bg.exe
inflating: C:/PROGRA~2/UNIVER~1/plugins/jumpyrew/setup/bin/curl.exe
inflating: C:/PROGRA~2/UNIVER~1/plugins/jumpyrew/setup/jumpy-scripts.diff
inflating: C:/PROGRA~2/UNIVER~1/plugins/jumpyrew/setup/quickpatch.py
inflating: C:/PROGRA~2/UNIVER~1/plugins/jumpyrew/setup/repository.jumpy.addons-1.0.0.zip
inflating: C:/PROGRA~2/UNIVER~1/plugins/jumpyrew/setup/script.module.jumpy-2.0.0.zip
reentering...

Error: can't find UMS.conf.\n\nPlease start up UMS and shut it down again to ensure that debug.log is valid.
Attachments
ums.conf_error.jpg
ums.conf_error.jpg (50.04 KiB) Viewed 12906 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Doxeng wrote:I did as suggested including unzipping the development zipped package, still the same issue:
HT1 wrote:i'll give your setup.bat a try tonite.
Try this patched setup.bat and let me know what happens, and post setup.log either way, no screenshots necessary :):
setup.bat-fix.zip
unzip to plugins/jumpy/setup/
(328 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Hello Again,

This time the script was able to find ums.conf as well as checking for the python version, checked and found Py4j, beautifulsoup4, lkml and kodi which I had previously installed. Also installed polib and others but then found permission errors ..per log enclosed.

Should I try installing those modules (such as rtmpdump) manually ?

Thanks a whole lot!

Doxeng
Attachments
setup.log
(25.38 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
HT1

Post by HT1 »

hey infidel, thanks for the updated setup

i had to run it a couple times, 1st time it complained about admin rights. so i restarted it as admin.
still complained about not having permission to access stuff after. i ran it a 3rd time from an elevated prompt. same problem.

i'm in the admin account on this machine, unless windows is lying to me. lol

anyway it did manage to install python and a bit more but it crapped out about halfway through (right before rtmpdump) .
i think at adding jumpy repo.

here's the log file
Attachments
setup.log
(26.26 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red