Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 August 2015)

Post by infidel »

Doxeng wrote:Yes, I have very much the same results using WEB
I think your original delay theory may be right Doxeng :), try this ums patch. Put the enclosed update.jar next to ums.jar in your UMS program folder, and remove it if no difference, or otherwise at the next UMS release or whenever you next update UMS:
update-ums-5.3.2-SNAPSHOT-ffmpegweb-faststart2.zip
unzip to ums top folder
(9.1 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Hello Infidel,

I ended up doing a clean reinstall of UMS version 6.0.0-a1, since once I placed the compressed file in the UMS directory it mentioned that an update was available. Dummy me :? :? :oops: , once I did that, the installation was "down"-dated to version 5.3.2 which did not have any transcoding engines nor Jumpy in it :).

Now I'm back to version 6.0.0-a1, went to the process of installing the Jumpy plugin correctly (no problems with the instructions you gave us... thanks a lot!) and I did copy the compressed file update-ums-5.3.2-SNAPSHOT-ffmpegweb-faststart.zip to the UMS folder. I then unzipped the folder to this location and now I have update.jar and ums.jar living next one another ... :!:

This time, when I attempted to watch the first videocast in the "TED" list it almost immediately replied "cannot play file", and a second try in the list went to all the items in the list real quick ( a second or two), at the end it reported "cannot play file" and any subsequent attempt to watch anything results in "cannot play file" almost immediately ...

Attached, my logs, thanks a lot for all the support, I think we are close ...

Doxeng
Attachments
ums_dbg_6.zip
(59.03 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Doxeng wrote:Dummy me, once I did that, the installation was "down"-dated to version 5.3.2
No, dummy ums, I think :D.
Doxeng wrote:This time, when I attempted to watch the first videocast in the "TED" list it almost immediately replied "cannot play file"
And now dummy me, I posted the wrong patch :? :? :evil:. Delete your update.jar and try the new replacement up above.
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Hello Again Infidel,

Nothing new to report. I replaced the update.jar file with the one on your latest update (update-ums-5.3.2-SNAPSHOT-ffmpegweb-faststart2.zip), Still nothing streams whether using Jumpy or web ... I'm including the log files ..

Many thanks.

Doxeng
Attachments
ums_dbg_7.zip
(117 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
HT1

Post by HT1 »

hey infidel, just wnted to say good job getting jumpy in the list of officials plugins.

one thing tho: i had to start ums as administrator to install jumpy from the plugins tab without errors.

You may want to update the 1st post with that info.

thanks
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
Larus

Post by Larus »

infidel wrote:
  • For the Livestream addon the fault is with jumpy, which doesn't set a required cookie and ffmpeg fails with "HTTP error 403 Forbidden". I'm fixing this now and the next version should be able to do it right.
That's the story so far :) .
Hi
I have same cookies problem with the Telewizjada streaming site (through Kodi addon of course). Do you think it may be repaired with your new version?
HT1

Post by HT1 »

Infidel has updated Jumpy to version 0.39 according to sourceforge.

I couldn't find a change log anywhere.

To install or update Jumpy: Download the updater program and save it into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins"

and run the program from there. if you put it anywhere else like in your Downloads folder it won't work properly to update your ums configuration.

infidel, could you please make it so that the updater itself knows where to copy the files properly ?
it needs to find the proper install folder and save its files in the right place.

So far the updater puts the other downloaded stuff (rtmpdmp, youtube plugin etc) where they need to go, but the only bug is the jumpy folder itself that gets created wherever the jumpy updater is saved to. Could be in Downloads, could be on the desktop, could be anywhere. Doesn't mean ums is installed there.

Could you check where the plugins folder is and copy the files there and run the update after that. it would save us lots of running around trying to find where to save this updater to work properly.

Thanks
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Larus wrote:I have same cookies problem with the Telewizjada streaming site (through Kodi addon of course). Do you think it may be repaired with your new version?
It should be working now in jumpy-0.3.9 (there was an additional issue with setting multiple cookies for ffmpeg, fixed now :)).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:To install or update Jumpy: Download the updater program and save it into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins"
Thx for your ongoing interest/suggestions HT1, much appreciated :). The correct location for the updater is already specified in Quick Setup section of the jumpy readme, plus you'll see I added a note in the to reflect the issues you were having vis 'Run as administrator'.

The thing you may not realize (regarding plugin installation from UMS gui) is that you're in some special subset of users, those who aren't running UMS in administrator mode but somehow UMS fails to detect this and tries to run the installer anyway [edit: this is an oversimplification, to be more precise I should say permissions are still not always handled right]. As a result of your previous reports I made the jumpy installer more lax, since previously it would have just refused to proceed in this scenario and bailed out, but now it proceeds as long as it can verify it has write permission to the plugins folder. It turns out that making it more lax wasn't a good idea, since the issue persists.

For the 'ordinary' user, i.e. one who is running UMS as administrator (as recommended) the installer should work. I wasn't able to reproduce your scenario when I ran UMS without admin rights, so it's unclear how precisely to fix this.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you try removing jumpy, starting UMS as administrator, and installing jumpy from the gui?
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
HT1 wrote:To install or update Jumpy: Download the updater program and save it into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins"
Thx for your ongoing interest/suggestions HT1, much appreciated :). The correct location for the updater is already specified in Quick Setup section of the jumpy readme, plus you'll see I added a note in the to reflect the issues you were having vis 'Run as administrator'.
True but nobody reads the manual ;)

Course, if the plugins list in ums gets updated to the latest version does ums also update the installed plugins automatically too ?
infidel wrote:Out of curiosity, what happens if you try removing jumpy, starting UMS as administrator, and installing jumpy from the gui?
the plugin says "running as admin" in the top of the script, then all its programs are in green but they were already downloaded from before,

How do i remove them to test the full install ?
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red