MEncoder: Unsupported PixelFormat

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
S0me0ne

MEncoder: Unsupported PixelFormat

Post by S0me0ne »

With UMS 2.2.1 and MEncoder for transcoding, I get lots of "Unsupported PixelFormat 53", "Unsupported PixelFormat 61" and "Unsupported PixelFormat 81" (after 40 minutes of video, debug.log is about 100k lines long). I found only one thread with the keywords "Unsupported PixelFormat" so far, and it is not clear to me if it is solved in the current release or not. I made that mp4 (H.264/AVC) file in November 2011 or earlier with XMediaRecode, and I think that freeware program uses a FFMPEG library or so for the encoding.

A quick web search for "MEncoder Unsupported PixelFormat" did not make me wiser, unfortunately.
S0me0ne

Re: MEncoder: Unsupported PixelFormat

Post by S0me0ne »

Addendum: This doom 9 thread suggests that the issue persisted in the MPlayer (/MEncoder?) builds till 28th August 2011 ... and I did not succeed to find any Windows build of MPlayer (/MEncoder?) that is newer.

EDIT: there seems to be a 2011-12-07 Win32 build. No idea if the above-mentioned issue is solved here.

EDIT 2: but the MEncoder.exe shipped with UMS is already made by SubJunk on 2012-12-21 ...
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

I think this is fixed in 2.2.2 with SB47. 2.2.1 gave me tons of those errors repeated in the log, but SB47 gives one mention per file transcoded without the repeated spam on the 5 or so files I've tired.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah it has happened for years and does not indicate that anything is going wrong. It's just a quirk in MEncoder :)