Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DeFlanko

Re: Jumpy Plugin (26 February 2016)

Post by DeFlanko »

Hey Infidel, I don't know if it was reported or not to you but i noticed something while using the Jumpy plugin.

In the Options Window of Jumpy, Right click the jumpy-xbmx plugin.

I had to manually configure the custom path i have for Kodi here:
  • xbmc.main.path: from "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC" to "E:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi"
  • xbmc.home.path: from "C:\Users\DeFlanko\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" to "C:\Users\DeFlanko\AppData\Roaming\Kodi"
    click save and refreshed then i saw in the web interface the links show up for all my plugins
- went back in the jumpy-xbmx plugin and noticed that none of the setting saved though -

also to note none of the videos played through the web interface.

No priority, just an observation
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Sounds like you might be having issues because you don't use the default directory for Kodi. What was it doing when you didn't manually configure it?
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Hey DeFlanko, thanks for heroic cyberwarfare efforts defending the forum :D.
DeFlanko wrote: went back in the jumpy-xbmx plugin and noticed that none of the setting saved though -
I just tried this in Windows, i.e. temporarily moved kodi+addons locations and edited xbmc.main/home.path in the gui and it saved ok and everything still worked. Why did you have to edit the path in the first place, did you have an old unremoved xbmc installation? If so I'd recommend removing it along with xbmc.main/home.path settings in UMS.conf and seeing if jumpy now finds your kodi folders automatically. I'm assuming you're using the latest versions of everything and are running as admin. If still no joy, post a set of logs so I can see your specific details.
DeFlanko wrote:also to note none of the videos played through the web interface.
While I was at it in Windows I also tried a few addons (TED, TwitchTV, Vimeo) and they all played ok in the web interface, so without seeing logs I can't say what the problem was (also note that the kodi youtube addon has been broken in kodi itself for the past few days, I don't know if you were using that). The ability to play addons in web was something I added recently (since jumpy 0.3.8 if I remember), so version matters and logs are always good :).
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:While I was at it in Windows I also tried a few addons (TED, TwitchTV, Vimeo) and they all played ok in the web interface, so without seeing logs I can't say what the problem was (also note that the kodi youtube addon has been broken in kodi itself for the past few days, I don't know if you were using that). The ability to play addons in web was something I added recently (since jumpy 0.3.8 if I remember), so version matters and logs are always good :).
I was going to ask about that. What's wrong with Youtube? Ever since I had UMS installed again it hasn't worked properly. In Kodi you need to go to youtube.com/activate to set it up. Is this why Jumpy has issues with it?
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Thank you sir. :D

I'll reproduce the issue and submit logs, but to as to why i have the application installed to my alternate location is because my C drive is a SSD drive and i have that reserved to be my OS drive only.

My LOAD everything drive is my E Drive. Even UMS is on my E drive.

The Kodi (..fresh..) installation was only from the Jumpy script. After the Jumpy script i went into kodi and loaded a few repo's ( Super Repo, metal Kettle, lambada to name a few) same repos i use on my Amazon Fire TV + Stick and Nexus Players.

/**********************/

Using the latest build of Chrome, UMS 6.0.1, and Jumpy Build (0.3.9.b)

Attached is the logs of a stream from SALTS attempting to play Deadpool.

NOTES: HTML5 didnt play, But Flow Player does play but only for the first ~30 secs or so, then the video starts over.

/*********************/
Attached Logs:
ums_dbg_DEFLANKO_03052016_1.zip
(607.33 KiB) Downloaded 572 times
Config of Jumpy to "E" Drive.
JUMPY.png
JUMPY.png (60.44 KiB) Viewed 16589 times
Showing that Jumpy does in fact work (so yay!)
WI_1.png
WI_1.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 16589 times
Video plays in Flowplayer, but not in HTML5
WI_2.png
WI_2.png (584.12 KiB) Viewed 16589 times
Note: When attempting to play HTML5 with Kodi/Jumpy, Malwarebytes ALWAYS displays this message -- regardless of Kodi source
MWB_HTML5_ON_PLAY.png
MWB_HTML5_ON_PLAY.png (11.02 KiB) Viewed 16589 times
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Also i too am having the same Youtube issue, i did in the Kodi App do the "dual" account activation to allow the Kodi youtube app to stream from my account. But it appears that i be the web interface is being recognized as an alternative (not authd) source and will not play.

Attached are logs again of that:
Attachments
ums_dbg_DEFLANKO_03052016_2.zip
(618.17 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Thirdly, i want to commend you on a much easier installation of Jumpy these days. I feel like it's almost time for a Major release number yeah? :D :!: :lol:
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:I was going to ask about that. What's wrong with Youtube? Ever since I had UMS installed again it hasn't worked properly. In Kodi you need to go to youtube.com/activate to set it up. Is this why Jumpy has issues with it?
DeFlanko wrote:Also i too am having the same Youtube issue, i did in the Kodi App do the "dual" account activation to allow the Kodi youtube app to stream from my account. But it appears that i be the web interface is being recognized as an alternative (not authd) source and will not play.
Not sure about account activation (I just use youtube anonymously :)), but apparently plugin.video.youtube's dev has retired and the current issues have to do with subsequent youtube api changes. As you can see, there's apparently an unofficial fixed version (currently v 5.1.20.3) which you can use at your own risk (the official kodi addon repo hasn't endorsed it for apparently procedural reasons, see here). I tried it, it works for me, i.e. without an account, you'll have to read through the thread a bit for advice on account-related stuff.

If you get it working in kodi and it still fails in jumpy, please post logs. Btw DeFlanko, according to your logs you're running the outdated last 'official' version
[plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.17) on Unknown XBMC System (1.0) with Python 2.7.6
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Hot.

Let me see if i can fix that... Because i installed youtube right from the Kodi Repo.

to not lose track of the several issues that i experienced using this...

Several issues that i will try and divide (i think)

Youtube
  • Youtube works well in Kodi.
  • Youtube in Kodi required me to youtube/activate (x2)
  • Youtube in Kodi does not work in Web Interface through Jumpy.
  • Youtube in the Web Interface did not require me to youtube/active.
Web Interface -- (this might be a separate thread outside of this JUMPY thread)
  • HTML5 videos do not play in chrome for me.
  • Flowplayer does play videos, but only the first say ~30 secs.
Jumpy
  • for me the config file doesn't save my custom path -- update to this: i rebooted my computer and behold the path is kept... chalk that one up to the ol' "did you reboot it?"
  • as mentioned above Jumpy does play with flowplayer in the Web interface, it could be a combination of things happening to be the cause ( streaming from SALTS in Kodi --> UMS --> JUMPY --> web interface with Flowplayer)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

DeFlanko wrote:Attached is the logs of a stream from SALTS attempting to play Deadpool.
NOTES: HTML5 didnt play, But Flow Player does play but only for the first ~30 secs or so, then the video starts over.
There are several issues with this addon that make it a bad candidate for jumpy/ums use:
  • like all the source-aggregating addons it takes a lot of time scraping various sites/file-servers, so often ums times out waiting for a stream while the addon is still busy finding sources. Whether you get a link in time is hit-or-miss, I was able to get one TV show to work on the 3rd attempt.
  • Since there's no consistency as to sources, there's no guarantee that playback will work consistently either, i.e. just because it works for one item doesn't mean it'll work for another.
  • It presents a dialog of sources to choose from. Since there's no such thing as a dialog in DLNA, jumpy automatically picks the first item in this situation, which may or may not be a good choice, and all the other sources are ignored. Some of the other aggregators populate a folder with sources, which works better in jumpy, since you can browse through and try them one by one.
DeFlanko wrote:Note: When attempting to play HTML5 with Kodi/Jumpy, Malwarebytes ALWAYS displays this message -- regardless of Kodi source
Well I have no idea on this other than it has to do with trying to stream from a questionable source, but I take it you're saying if you play the same link via another renderer (or directly in kodi itself) Malwarebytes doesn't complain?