Version 6.2.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
HT1

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by HT1 »

SubJunk wrote:Those builds of FFmpeg update every day so it's not something that needs to be checked in my opinion. You know that every day there will be a new one, and we usually include a new FFmpeg with each UMS version.
i'm sure you do your best. but still, it's a simple thing for you to make i'm sure and would make things easier for us while we wait for the next ums to come out. it doesn't haven to auto-update but if the user wants to they can just click it.

Also you could just say "update your ffmpeg from the plugins tab" as an easy answer in a FAQ to those who have had this problem.

life, made easier.
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
WAusJackBauer

Post by WAusJackBauer »

SubJunk wrote:I recommend you disable the "Automatic maximum bitrate" setting since that seems to be what is causing the blocky video.

Please try this renderer profile for your ST60 and if it works well it will be in the next release.
Panasonic-VieraST60.conf
Horay! After disabling automatic maximum bitrate the blocking in FFmpeg is gone! Thanks again for your help!

I used the renderer you attached, but I probably should've asked. what is a renderer exactly? Because without this renderer you've given me, videos have still worked on both of my TVs.

Just a quick question. My TVs and my computer are both connected to my router. My computer has all my movies on it and is connected to my router by an ethernet cable. My TV however is connecting to my router wirelessly, so in transcode settings should I select wired or wireless? I have a 100mb connection if that means anything.

Finally, in your opinion as a developer, what are the pros and cons for ffmpeg and MEnconder and which one would you overall recommend?
Gaston62

Post by Gaston62 »

First of all, as I am new on this forum, a big THANK YOU for this software !

I searched something to use to link my PS3 to the PC, and I found this a few times ago...

Everything was working well until now. I hope you will excuse my bad English, as it is not my mother language (I speak French).

With this new version (and also with the previous one, 6.1.0) i have a problem :

when I install the software, I run the configuration application, and finally come into the different configuration settings of the soft.

I made my custom settings (for example, I choose the video files to be shown Newest first, not alphabetical order, or also for the subtitles, I chose fre,off;*,fre;*,und instead of eng,off;*,eng;*,und, etc), and launch again the server. Then, to check if everything is OK, I shut down the software, and start it again after a few seconds. And when I go to see if my settings are still here, they are back to default ones (for example eng,off;*,eng;*,und or alphabetical order, etc).

This means I have to customize my settings every time I launch the program. But, with the 6.0.0-b1, all of this was OK : my settings were memorized.

Is there anything I am doing wrong (please, keep the explanation simple, as English is not my language) ?

Because this problem makes me go back to the last working version for me, which is 6.0.0-b1.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Do you change the setting in the UMS GUI or directly in the UMS.conf? If in the UMS GUI all changes are automatically saved and the problem could be in the user permission to write to the folder where the UMS.conf is saved. If you make the changes directly to the UMS.conf then you should change it in the folder like "C:\ProgramData\UMS" not in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server".
To preserve your setting when you install a new UMS version simply do not use the "Clean install".
Gaston62

Post by Gaston62 »

I change settings in the GUI. As you say, changes are automatically saved with the 6.0.0-b1 version. But with newer version, it does not save...

And do not use Clean install when installing a new version...

I use Windows XP Family Edition version 5.1.2600 seervice pack 3 Nu 2600.
M.Sadegh.M

Post by M.Sadegh.M »

Hi
I explain my problem in this topic but no one answer me.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7534

I record a video from my problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xbk8ozdwyyru ... 0.mp4?dl=0

I appreciate you if answer me how could I fix this?

thank you.
andyshin

Post by andyshin »

Thanks for the update!

But I have a minor problem while using it
My tv is sony bravia lx900
I don't know which render I should use
So I use sony NX70 series as template
It works, but I am not sure if it works properly
Can you please check it? or update in the next version?
Thanks a lot!!

Below is the conf. file

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Profile for Sony Bravia NX70x series.
# See DefaultRenderer.conf for descriptions of all the available options.
#

RendererName = Sony Bravia LX900
RendererIcon = braviaxbr.png

# ============================================================================
# This renderer has sent the following string/s:
#
# User-Agent: UPnP/1.0
# X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="BRAVIA ";
# X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA "; mv="1.7";
# ---
# User-Agent: UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
# X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="BRAVIA ";
# X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA "; mv="1.7";
# ============================================================================
#

UserAgentAdditionalHeader = X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch = (cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA ")
UpnpDetailsSearch = BRAVIA

SeekByTime = true
TranscodeVideo = MPEGTS-MPEG2-AC3
TranscodeAudio = WAV
MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 35
DLNALocalizationRequired = true
DefaultVBVBufSize = true
ForceJPGThumbnails = true
ThumbnailAsResource = true
CreateDLNATreeFaster = true
AccurateDLNAOrgPN = true
MuxNonMod4Resolution = true
MediaInfo = true

# Supported video formats:
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts v:mpeg1|mpeg2|mp4|h264 a:ac3|lpcm|mpa m:video/mpeg

# Supported audio formats:
Supported = f:mp3 n:2 m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:wav a:lpcm s:48000 n:6 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:wav s:48000 n:2 m:audio/wav

# Supported image formats:
Supported = f:jpg m:image/jpeg

Possible identifying HTTP headers:User-Agent: UPnP/1.0, X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="BRAVIA ";, X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA "; mv="1.7";

Possible identifying HTTP headers:User-Agent: UPnP/1.0, X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="BRAVIA ";, X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA "; mv="1.7";
10:1
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

What exactly was improved for the Samsung j55xx?
The config is still missing alot of supported formats

I have:

Code: Select all

Supported = f:avi|mkv             m:video/x-matroska a:ac3|aac|mpa|mp3
Supported = f:flv                 m:video/mp4
Supported = f:f4v                 m:video/mp4
Supported = f:mov                 m:video/quicktime
Supported = f:mp4|mpegps|mpegts   m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:wmv 	          m:video/x-ms-wmv n:6
Supported = f:m4v		  m:video/x-m4v
Supported = f:3gp|3g2             m:video/3gpp
Supported = f:webm                m:video/webm
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

squadjot wrote:What exactly was improved for the Samsung j55xx?
The config is still missing alot of supported formats
I didn't touch any of the formats, just the UA search to match TVs from other regions (it was UA only, but my TV is UN series).
Feel free to add the extra formats to the file! (the more accurate the profile the better)
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Gaston62 wrote:I change settings in the GUI. As you say, changes are automatically saved with the 6.0.0-b1 version. But with newer version, it does not save...

And do not use Clean install when installing a new version...

I use Windows XP Family Edition version 5.1.2600 seervice pack 3 Nu 2600.
If the setting is not saved there could be a problem with a permission to write to the folder. Since the version 6.0.0-b1 you mentioned nothing has been changed in that field the problem must be out of the UMS. Please try to run the UMS as a supervisor and make a changes.