Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
frentemorao

Re: Jumpy Plugin (19 Nov 2012)

Post by frentemorao »

infidel wrote:It's working for me, but you may need to:
  • update your tvalacarta to version 3.3.5.
  • update the rest of your jumpy-xbmc files (sorry, I should have posted all of them :)):
    The attachment xbmc-dev-120104.zip is no longer available
Unfortunately it is still not working for me... Neither tvalacarta (i can see the different subfolders of the episodes of "La que se avecina" but there is no video link inside them, only the "Add bookmark" item) nor pelisalacarta (still "no items/elements to show")

I have doubled checked that both addons are updated...
I have updated the rest of my jumpy-xbmc files according to your suggestion (i am assuming that plugins/jumpy/xbmc/ is inside the UMS folder, isn't it? In my case D://Universal Media Server/plugins/jumpy/xbmc)...

I don't really have any idea why it is not working for me...
Maybe something related with UMS.conf ?? (perhaps it should work with your configuration...)
ums_dbg.zip
(184.29 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
I am using UMS 2.2.4, XP with SP3, Sony Bravia 32EX710 connected by wireless, XBMC Eden, tvalacarta 3.3.5 and pelisalacarta 3.2.40

Thanks again for your kind help!
Last edited by frentemorao on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

Infidel... what version of UMS are you using???
Do you have any special configuration??
Maybe transcoding settings??

I think I am going to unistall UMS and jumpy and try again...

Edition #1 --> After uninstalling and reinstalling everything, no news (=bad news)... even worse because now I can't see any item/folder of the Icefilms addon...

Edition #2to say that I have solved the problems related to Icefilms addon adding to UMS.conf the correct path to XBMC
xbmc.main.path = D:\\XBMC
xbmc.path = C:\\Documents and Settings\\noelia\\Datos de Programa\\XBMC
Infidel... could you please provide your UMS.conf to me??
Maybe the solution can rise if we compare yours and mine...
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:Infidel... what version of UMS are you using???
Do you have any special configuration??
Maybe transcoding settings??
Hi frentemorao, these things aren't relevant to the problem you're having. Your previous logs showed that everything was ok as far as installation is concerned, and the scope of the issue is entirely within the interaction of jumpy and the addon. Transcoding, etc. becomes relevant only after this stage is over.

Your old UMS.conf shows that the jumpy installer had put in the correct paths for everything that matters here:
python.path = c:\\Python27\\python.exe
rtmpdump.path = D:\\UNIVER~1\\win32\\rtmpdump.exe
xbmc.main.path = D:\\XBMC
xbmc.path = C:\\Documents and Settings\\noelia\\Datos de Programa\\XBMC
and when you reinstalled everything you got the default UMS .conf which was missing xbmc.main.path, which is required in your case since you've installed xbmc to a non-standard location. But you've figured all this out for yourself now :).

Getting back to your tvalacarta issue, your last jumpy.log appears to be incomplete in that it mysteriously cuts off, which may or may not mean anything. What may help is if you set logging to TRACE and send the logs, which could show additional information about the cutoff.
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

I have changed <root level="DEBUG"> for <root level="TRACE"> in logback.xml in order to achive more information and after that I have restarted UMS.

I have tested 2 Tv Shows (La que se avecina y Familia) with no positive results (the "Add to Bookmarks" item is the only thing displayed).
ums_dbg.zip
(58.68 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
Taking a look into my jumpy.log, I have realized that this menu does not appear on my tv and however it does appear on XBMC:
*** dialog select ***
Elige una opción['Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo rt=0 [directo]', 'Descargar', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a favoritos', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a biblioteca', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a lista de descargas', 'Enviar a jDownloader', 'Buscar trailer']
In this XBMC menu I choose 'Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo rt=0 [directo]' to watch the video without any problem...
I think I am going to change the tvalacarta addon settings in order to watch the video directly, without this menu...

Thanks again!!
PD I would like to apologize for my command of english... it is a bit rusty
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:In this XBMC menu I choose 'Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo rt=0 [directo]' to watch the video
Right. With a DLNA server such as UMS there is no support for interactive dialogs, so jumpy is configured to automatically choose the first option, which happens to be the correct choice here so that's not the problem. For some reason in your setup the process ends at this point whereas for me it continues.

The trace logs don't show anything useful but there's still one more thing to look at. In the tvalacarta option dialog in xbmc set 'debug' to on and then create the logs. This will make the addon more verbose and maybe pinpoint the cutoff better. For example in my case with debug turned on (and language=Spanish) I get:
default_action=0
*** dialog select ***
Elige una opción['Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo rt=0 [directo]', 'Descargar', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a favoritos', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a biblioteca', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a lista de descargas', 'Enviar a jDownloader', 'Buscar trailer']
seleccion=0
seleccion=Ver el vídeo rt=0 [directo]
[xbmctools.py] mediaurl=http://videos.mitele.es/nogeo/serie/laq ... f5&start=0
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

In my case with debug turned on (and language=Spanish) I get:
default_action=0
*** dialog select ***
seleccion=0
seleccion=Ver el vídeo rt=0 [directo]
[xbmctools.py] mediaurl=http://videos.mitele.es/nogeo/serie/laq ... 75&start=0
b4
b7
b10
ums_dbg.zip
(92.78 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Do you have those b4 b7 and b10??
Could be something related to language??

What do you see when you enter into the episode folder?? The Add Bookmark item and a video link?? or just directly the video?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

bingo :)! In tvalacarta options set player_mode (modo de reproduccion) to default.
frentemorao wrote:Do you have those b4 b7 and b10??
Could be something related to language??
These are "breadcrumbs" dropped by the addon programmer so we can follow the specific parts of the code that are being executed, which were very useful! Mine were b4 b7 b8, which pointed out the difference in our addon settings.

EDIT: just for clarity player_mode (modo de reproduccion) should not be 'Built-In'. 'Default' or 'SetResolvedUrl' are both ok.
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

We are very close to the solution but we haven't reached it yet...
ums_dbg.zip
(67.29 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
Changing the player_mode, jumpy works perfectly for most of the tvalacarta channels I have tested (lasexta, antena3, rtve...) EXCEPT mitele...
Now in mitele I can see the video link but no images are shown.

I have tried changing the player (auto, dvdplayer, mplayer) in the tvalacarta option dialog in xbmc but no one of these solutions worked... And I got this message in UMS all the times:
Process D:\Universal Media Server\win32\ffmpeg.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occured... check the log file
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:Process D:\Universal Media Server\win32\ffmpeg.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occured... check the log file
This isn't a problem with jumpy but happens later on when UMS (via PMSEncoder) is trying to play the link. Your logs appear normal to me as far as playback is concerned except that ffmpeg doesn't seem to run. Check if ffmpeg.exe is in your win32 folder and test it (apologies if you already know how to do this :)):
  • open a command window (Start > Run > type 'cmd' and press enter).
  • drag ffmpeg.exe from your win32 folder and drop it into the command window.
  • press enter in the command window. you should see output similar to this (all we care about is that we see some output):

Code: Select all

ffmpeg version N-33659-g1d0afec, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Dec  8 2011 16:28:06 with gcc 4.6.1
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb 
If it's working I'm not sure what the problem is, since your logs are otherwise normal.
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

I have verified that ffmpeg.exe is in my win32 (D:\Universal Media Server\win32)
I have tested ffmpeg.exe (you don't need to apologize... I didn't know how to test it) obtaining an output similar to yours
ffmpeg version N-47441-g03847eb-SB4, Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
built on Dec 5 2012 12:04:52 with gcc 4.6.3 <GCC>
configuration: --enable-static -- disable-share
An obvious conclusion is we are using different versions of ffmpeg.exe (2011 vs 2012)
Do you think this can have any kind of influence on playing the videos??

Maybe, for an unknown reason, it works with your ffmpeg version...
Could you please provide me the link to download it??

What about UMS version? What is yours??