Encrypted dvd playback problem.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
asmol

Encrypted dvd playback problem.

Post by asmol »

Hello!
I have a problem with playing encrypted dvd in linux mint 17.3 and 18.1 with your server. They are incorrectly displayed, although I have already installed the latest version of libdvdcss - the result is the same. How can I be in this situation? With other programs, such as VLC disc is played absolutely normal.

Thank you,
Andrey Smolyaninov.
Nadahar

Re: Encrypted dvd playback problem.

Post by Nadahar »

Please follow the text in red above.
asmol

Post by asmol »

Hello, Nadahar!
That's my fault, sorry. But when i try to attach files it says that "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." Can you do something to help me to solve this problem?

Thank you,
Andrey Smolyaninov.
asmol

Post by asmol »

Hello again.
Here's a link https://www.dropbox.com/s/j17cwswj3w22f ... g.zip?dl=0 to dropbox (hope you allow external links). Zip archive contains information about the error, about which I spoke. Could you advise me how to cope with it?

Thank you,
Andrey Smolyaninov.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hello Andrey Smolyaninov,

Please address a complaint to @SubJunk, our only video developper around, in that thread:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1231
More users will complain, more it'll have chance to be solved. Thank you for your understanding.

For now, i'm afraid that you'll need to revert back to UMS 6.5.3 version:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/unimed ... z/download

Hoping that helped you.

Note: Your issue is not related to encryption, AFAIU, but to DVD playing.
That's said, you told libdvdcss, but the latest up to date version is called libdvdcss2.

EDIT: If that doesn't solved your issue, try with MEncoder video engine, and in the "Transcoding settings" tab set the CPU thread to 1.
Whatever result you get, please, return feedback ;)
Last edited by Sami32 on Sun May 28, 2017 9:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

@asmol I'm sorry about the quota issue, I've warned the admin about this a long time ago and thought it was fixed by now.

@Sami32 has probably identified the real cause of your problem, but I see something else in your logfile that will create issues for you. You need to install "libmediainfo" and "libzen". I think both are installed in Ubuntu by running "apt-get install mediainfo", so I guess the same is true for Mint..?
asmol

Post by asmol »

Thank you all for your answers. But so far the problem has not been solved. Maybe I'm turning to the wrong address, but I've read on the web that in order for everything to work, you need to set the permissions on the media directory and /dev/sr0 660. That's what I did, after which the drive ceased to be visible. Can't you tell me which defaults rights for these directories must be? If, thanks to you, I will be able to restore access to the drive, we will be able to deal with this problem further.

Thank you,
Andrey Smolyaninov.
asmol

Post by asmol »

In general, I have not yet dealt with the playback of encrypted dvd, although I did everything as you said. For the near future I see no other way but to use Handbrake to ripping dvd to a file. I hope this problem will be resolved in future versions! ;) I will also be grateful if you have any ideas regarding my problem. ;)

Thank you,
Andrey Smolyaninov.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Andrey Smolyaninov,

1) Can you play not encrypted DVD ?

2) Could you provide a new log after having done the changes suggested ?

If you messed with permissions, i would suggest you undo what you have done.
As a side note, generally nothing can be fixed without log, as i don't even use Linux.