No web interface

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
homenet

No web interface

Post by homenet »

After connecting to the server with the ip address and port number (192.168.0.8:9001) i get the logo that you have to click on to open the web interface after the clicking on it the webpage goes grey and thats it.

any ideas how to fix this?
Nadahar

Re: No web interface

Post by Nadahar »

Submit debug files while reproducing the problem as explained in red above.
homenet

Post by homenet »

here is the log you asked for plus a screen shot of the page I get after clicking on the logo after accessing the server with the ip address
Attachments
This is the screen I get after clicking on the logo
This is the screen I get after clicking on the logo
Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 14.32.55.png (608.29 KiB) Viewed 7776 times
ums_dbg.zip
ums log
(38.51 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Something goes wrong when trying to start the web session, this error is logged:

Code: Select all

INFO  2017-08-02 14:29:55.883 [AWT-EventQueue-0] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program ""/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java"" (in directory "/Applications/Universal Media Server.app/Contents/Resources"): error=2, No such file or directory
I'm not much of an macOS person, so I don't know why this location is being called or where the correct location would be. Can you try to find out where the plugin is actually located? I don't quite understand it though, it seems like it's trying to start the Java plugin for the browser, I didn't think the web interface required the browser to use Java. Maybe I misunderstand how this works, but I don't quite understand why this error occurs.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I just fired up my Sierra VM and tried. I experience the same behaviour but without the above error logged, so that error might be unrelated. It's a Safari issue, I installed Firefox and that works properly.

I have no idea how to debug browser issues, so that's something somebody else will have to deal with. I've created an issue here: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1351