UMS keeps on scanning

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Exorchist

UMS keeps on scanning

Post by Exorchist »

After updating to latest version of UMS, the app keeps scanning my harddrives after some time (an hour or two). There's no way to stop this, and it keeps on scanning and scanning and scanning and scanning until java crashes.
Why can't I disable that scanning crap? I don't want the bloody app to scan, I have bloody told it which folders I want to share, yet it keeps scanning unrelated folders. What is this behaviour??
Nadahar

Re: UMS keeps on scanning

Post by Nadahar »

Please read the text in red above.
raoulteeuwen

Post by raoulteeuwen »

Since i had a similar issue, i found this one. I solved it by deleting "root" as one of the folders in tab "Navigation/Share Settings"/Shared Folders. It looked as though it did something recursive, so i wonder whether there is a bug. But anyway: delete some values there, and try to set a specific volume/share/folder to limit scanning.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm guessing you're both using 7.0.0? If so, this should be addressed by @SubJunk.
m537

Post by m537 »

On linux I was able to reset the installation by deleting `~/.config/UMS`. Not sure if it helps.