Thank You UMS Developers

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
rh1234

Thank You UMS Developers

Post by rh1234 »

Just a quick observation. I was using Windows Media Player as my media server. Not hard to setup and worked sufficiently. What I didn't like was the lack of configuration choices.

Then, I installed VLC after reading the many great reviews of it. Holy smokes, one full day later, and after many many many configuration changes I STILL could not get the VLC ms to appear on my Sony Blue Ray! I finally gave up and searched for something else. Now, I don't mean to disparage VLC because obviously many people like it, so my problems may have been due to my lack of experience with media servers. But why??? It was so simple with Windows Media Player...

So then I came upon Universal Media Server. Installed, basic configuration in 5 minutes, and after 15 minutes I was able to see the media server on my Sony and select and view my videos. Give or take another hour to really sort through the MANY configuration options, and everything's good as gold. And easy!!!

Anyway, just some kudos to the folks who developed Universal Media Server. Thank you.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Thank You UMS Developers

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks a lot for this post, rh1234! Made my day
Atalantia

Post by Atalantia »

Thanks from here to. UMS is simple to customise. And it works great with my Samsung TV, iMac and Playstation 3. Little tweak for Samsung was needed but now everything works great.
Trickster79

Post by Trickster79 »

Indeed, you guys really rock. Thansk a million
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

yes i agree i've been using this media server since the ps3 era a long time ago and i feel very thankful too and they Always try to get it better non stop for years and i hope it will still like this for many more to come keep up with the good work and don't bother with bad comentaries we are human and not perfect sometimes we need patience its not easy to deal with so many people but you're Always nice and try to atend they're needs as best as possible.

thanks again and god bless you all. :D