Can't Rewind/Fast Forward and Please Check Internet Connection

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Taylor3112

Can't Rewind/Fast Forward and Please Check Internet Connection

Post by Taylor3112 »

Hey,

I recently just installed Universal Media Server and I am having a couple of issues.

1. I can't rewind or fast forward when watching video on my Samsung TV, when I click the buttons to do so it does nothing. I can do it sometimes on my PS4 but it takes a couple presses of the button to actually get it to rewind/fast forward.

2. It does not play media the first time I try play it. Almost every time I try play a file I have to click it a couple times for the file to start playing, or it will say something along the lines of Please Check Your Internet Connection (Samsung TV) or Cannot Play Media (PS4). It ends up working in the end though.

My TV, PS4, and PC are all connected through Ethernet cables and my average internet speed is around 37- 38 Megabits/ps download and 8 - 9.5 Megabits/ps upload speed. The version of UMS I am using is 7.3.0.

Any help fixing these issues would be appreciated greatly. :)
squadjot

Re: Can't Rewind/Fast Forward and Please Check Internet Connection

Post by squadjot »

Friendly note: Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I have a Samsung smart TV (UE46F6400) and had similar problems with rewind/fast forward which i found out was a limitation of the TV when watching something that has been transcoded, but would work fine with supported formats.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

As squadjot said, we need logs
Stormm3d

Post by Stormm3d »

Sorry, how do I access my logs? I have the same problem.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Instructions are in the Problem Reporting Guidelines link at the top of the page