Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
AlexanderGson

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by AlexanderGson »

AlexanderGson wrote:Getting DLNA protocol error 2110 when I go into a map where the files for a program should be. It just says "No files" where the file for the show should be while I get the DLNA error.

In the case for the logs it was for Skavlan on SVTplay, version 0.61

When I checked the logs in UMS it said something about FFMPEG. Don't know if that matters.
SubJunk wrote:Here is a build from our latest code so you can check if it is fixed: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-channels.exe
Fixed it for me. Thanks for the work mate :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

kuroukage wrote:SJ,

When is the next release due to come out?
Within the next couple of days hopefully
AlexanderGson wrote:Fixed it for me. Thanks for the work mate :)
Thanks for confirming! :)
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

kuroukage wrote:SJ,

When is the next release due to come out?
SubJunk wrote:Within the next couple of days hopefully
Awesome, thanks for the update. Looking forward to it. :)
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
lastmoexit

Post by lastmoexit »

i was curious if anyone had the time to make a guide of sorts for the Channels Plugin ...a guide that would explain what each channels programming and usage is ...for instance, how do you make use of furk, nzb, tpb, rtmpgui and rtmpstuff ...if this has been done elsewhere on the board, my apologies and a point in the correct direction would be appreciated ...thanks ...peace

-lastmoexit
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

SharkHunter wrote:
kuroukage wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:There are some channels that has been updated. Some channels have never worked (like NZB,Muzu etc.), others have been neglected by me. There are too many to keep up with them all.
I'm confused though. What's the point of updating the plugin if you're going to leave most of the channels outdated and not working properly?

I just updated to the latest build and made sure I had the newest channel files and I'm still having the same issues. Most channels just don't work and Youtube still gives me the same error.
Lets take this in the Channels thread and start by uploading debug logs...
Okay, so I decided to run through of all the channels to test them. The log(s) for my little adventure are attached to the post. :P

I couldn't get anything to work. Not even one file would play properly when I could find what little links there were. ;(

I'd appreciate it if you'd take the time to look this over and let me know your thoughts.

--
EDIT: The default option of channels.pmsencoder = false when changed back to true fixes the issue with the Youtube channel. Apparently Youtube is dependent on it? I guess it would have to be re-written to work without it. I know that the Youtube plugin for Jumpy will function fine without PMSE. I tested that last night.
--

Thanks,
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 551 times
黒影
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
rogerjet

Post by rogerjet »

Hi Hoping someone could help me out.

I am not sure for which channels I need a user/pass for. Is there something somewhere that explains what creds are required?

I thought I had read that 1channel does not require any credentials, either way I can't get it to work.

I tried multiple channels and different TV shows and Movies with no success Icefilms or navix.

I've attached the debug file any help much appreciated.

Thanks.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(628.02 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

There might be a mismatch here at the moment with respect to pmsencoder and switching away from it. Youtube etc. works fine for me (but then I got a hacked UMS).
Try and make pms encoder the running encoder.

Pls also note it is VERY easy on a PS3 to hit the folder limit since these site add very deep trees.
Try SVTPlay since that is the first and most up to date channel...

This is the deal on channels:
There are 4 categories of channels: "real","link gather/fileshare","meta" and "navix".

I'll try and describe each of these:

real
-----

These are "real" channels that exists in the world (like ARD,ZDF,SVT,BBC etc).. Channels fetches the video straight from the src so to speak. These channels can endure 3 problems. 1) They change something on there web page so Channels can't find links anymore. 2) Geoblock 3) Rtmp/FFmpeg issue.
Now for example BBC I can't view since I'm geoblocked there. Tv3 and Kanal5 had changed things but they have been updated just now and works for me.

link gather/fileshare
-----------------------------
The typical site is IceFilms. This is a site that just gather links and then pass you on to some fileshare like pulocker,rapidshare etc. There is the same fault here. There has been changes (for example on 1Channel) that makes the link "calculation" come up with a bad link and thus it doen't play. To add there are really poor support when it comse to sites. I would say that 180upload and putlocker works but the are so slow that they are not usable. If you don't pay premium of course. Since the number of sites are huge I can't have premium on all so therefore non of the sites have premium right now.

meta
--------------

These are no real channels they use some other service/site to do thea actual meda handling. Look in the code to understand (hint eztv.ch is a good place to start).

navix
-------------
navix is a combo of all the above. There are links coming and going there at a speed that os impossible to keep up with. Plus you run in to geoblocks all the time.

Some comments on specific channels:
RTMPStuff/RTMPGui - most of these have died (the links are dead).
1Channel - currently down, they changed something.
Movie2K - ???
Zattoo - worked before then they plugged a hole so I can't reach it anymore. Consider it dead.
nzb,muzu,series.me - never finished

Channels I tested (yesterday):
visata(Tv3,TV8,TV6)
svt
kanal5 (not all programs work)
furk
tpb
eztv
youtube
ard
zdf
These are sites
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Oh and BTW I notice latest Channels is a good log spammer. I'll should fix this....
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
lastmoexit

Post by lastmoexit »

so, as i understand it then furk, tpb, ard, etc. are there just to browse the sites themselves? ...i am unable to actually watch the content on them? ...they are only for reference? ...thanks ...peace

-lastmoexit
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

I understand your explanation in reference as to what channels do what. I'm just wondering if you plan on fixing any of the channels (mentioned above) that are having issues and making them work properly again (such as 1ch, RTMPGUI, Icefilms)? If not (or it's not possible to) then why not just remove them from the channels folder (so people don't get confused)?
黒影