UMS freezes while 'cleaning up database'

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
eniomarques

UMS freezes while 'cleaning up database'

Post by eniomarques »

Hello, I'm recently having some problems with v7.6.2, where it freezes while 'cleaning up databases' with 100%.

It already happened 3 times, and only resolves when restarting the computer, and killing the javaw.exe process doesn't help.

When I open UMS, I can normally navigate the media server on my TV for a short period of time, but then it suddenly stops, and then the UMS is always showing the message below.

Logs/conf attached
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 391 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: UMS freezes while 'cleaning up database'

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for this, it looks like we need to add some more logging to that cleanup feature, if I add some can I get you to re-test and post logs from the test version?
LouRawls

Post by LouRawls »

I'm seeing this too. The program does not hang but the status bar loops through "cleaning up database" over and over. I let it go for over and hour. The Memory Usage (MB) bar jumps around all over the place. Always before it was quite stable. Within a few minutes, the task manage reports java at 1.5 g which it think is the maximum.
------------------------
In share settings, I turned off "scan shared folders at startup" and I "think" it stopped.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Did it start in 7.6 or 7.5?
eniomarques

Post by eniomarques »

SubJunk wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:10 am Thanks for this, it looks like we need to add some more logging to that cleanup feature, if I add some can I get you to re-test and post logs from the test version?
sure! I believe it started in 7.6, not sure.
In share settings, I turned off "scan shared folders at startup" and I "think" it stopped.
yeah, it seems to work, and the program starts way faster, thanks