All folders are empty on multiple devices

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Gunna01

All folders are empty on multiple devices

Post by Gunna01 »

Log file attached.

I formatted my PC and reinstalled UMS. I've installed Java SE8u201 both x86 and x64

Devices can see the folder structure but cannot see any files in the folders. In the past i've tried and removed multiple media servers so not sure if some legacy settings before my format allowed UMS to work and I need to re-install something else.

Firewall for private networks is turned off while testing. A budget TV we have can see the files within the folders but hangs on buffering when trying to access the files, my LG blu-ray player cannot see the files

I see a lot of "GlobalIdRepo: id not found: -1" in the log file so unsure if there is a config setting i need to change
Attachments
debug.log
(86.35 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
valib
Developer

Re: All folders are empty on multiple devices

Post by valib »

Please follow the instructions written in red above, set the debug to the TRACE mode. First of all delete the database or clean it from the UMS.
Gunna01

Post by Gunna01 »

I'm unsure what happened but after a restart after coming home from work it has started working, despite me restarting dozens of times over the weekend.

The only thing that has changed is I started to install Nero home essentials which installed a number of prerequisites like c++ redistribution packages etc. I didn't install Nero as my old licence key is no longer valid but it still put the pre-requisites on my system
Last edited by Gunna01 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gunna01

Post by Gunna01 »

Well the issue has returned but not in full.

Random folders are empty now, despite file types being .mkv one file will appear and I can play it while in another folder it will be empty. All files were visible prior to format.

I set UMS to trace and attached are the zipped debug logs

edit: Managed to get a semi fix and it appears related to device located at 192.168.88.133. I've had to add mkv,avi to the skip transcoding section and now some of the files appear on previously mentioned device however some .mkv say unsupported format when trying to play. It seems HEVC format is the issue from my limited knowledge from reading mediainfo so it would be a renderer issue. The LG TV and chromecast play the files fine. Test files HOP and HOMELAND dont play
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(371.26 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Gunna01

Post by Gunna01 »

Any suggestions for the HVEC 265 renderer issues at all?