No sound on some files

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
martin1b

No sound on some files

Post by martin1b »

Hi all,
I'm trying to stream from UMS to a WD Live streamer. Video works great but on certain titles, I have no audio. I have FFMpeg as my first audio engine and left most everything else default. I've tried working with the audio settings of the 'Common Transcode settings', but no fix.

I looked at the log and didn't see anything obvious. I've attached it.

FWIW: This was working on the WD Live, but I had to reinstall Windows on the UMS machine. I must have something misconfigured. The files I'm having issues with are MP4 and FLV.

Thanks!

Bill
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(115.12 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
martin1b

Re: No sound on some files

Post by martin1b »

bump
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

There is a lot of errors in the log. Please try to make the clean instalation of the UMS.
martin1b

Post by martin1b »

Reinstalled, clean install and getting same thing.

Noticed this in the log:

DEBUG 2019-02-22 20:03:46.720 [HTTPv2 Request Worker 5] net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2 Connection error: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Any thoughts?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(857.87 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

DEBUG 2019-02-22 20:03:46.720 [HTTPv2 Request Worker 5] net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2 Connection error: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
That particular error is quite common and simply means that a renderer closed one of the HTTP connections it had to UMS without saying "proper goodbye". That happens all the time, for example if UMS gives a reply that the renderer doesn't expect or understand, or when you abort a playback from the renderer or turns it off etc.
martin1b

Post by martin1b »

Ok. Tried on another streaming device and it works fine. Only no audio no the WD TV Live. Is there a configuration setting I need to look at?
martin1b

Post by martin1b »

bump
martin1b

Post by martin1b »

bump
martin1b

Post by martin1b »

Attached is the updated log file from today. The issue is when I try to play 'Airwolf - And They Are Us' on the WDTVLIVE. Video fine, no audio.
Attachments
ums_dbg 3 12 19.zip
(820.88 KiB) Downloaded 379 times