Version 8.1.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
valib
Developer

Re: Version 8.1.0 released

Post by valib »

Thanks for the message. This was a bug I fixed in https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... /pull/1800 It will be implemented in the next release.
Uranium

Post by Uranium »

Hello,

For several versions there is a problem with the Windows UMS service: the configuration file points to "DMS.jar" instead of "UMS.jar".

Uninstalling the service no longer works in UMS.

The service name is also incorrect.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

This bug was reported and will be corrected in the next release.
Uranium

Post by Uranium »

Thanks ! :D
johnsim3

Post by johnsim3 »

Hello,

Thank you for the great work on UMS!

However as versions progressed the UMS server installed on my Ubuntu box has developed 2 problems:
  • Starting with the 7.x versions thumbnails stopped working on my Samsung UA55M5500AKXXS TV (but on my Samsung UA40J5250DKXXS TV and in Firefox thumbnails work just fine).
  • Starting with the 8.x versions all "#--TRANSCODE--#" folders are now completely empty.
Right now I am still using the 7.9.0 version because I need the "#--TRANSCODE--#" option to work.

Is anyone else facing these problems?

This is the configuration I use:

Code: Select all

language = en-US
minimized = true
maximum_bitrate = 0
mpeg2_main_settings = Automatic (Wired)
x264_constant_rate_factor = Automatic (Wired)
hide_advanced_options = false
run_wizard = false
uuid = a30368cd-768e-47a1-bbde-0e1c58eda5b4
network_interface =enp4s0
folders = /home/ums/Videos,/home/ums/Music
folders_monitored =
hide_empty_folders = true
hostname =
ip_filter = 
window_extended_state = 0
window_geometry = x=417,y=111,width=1141,height=777
screen_size = 1920x1080
cred.path = /home/ums/.config/UMS-MAIN/UMS.cred
show_splash_screen = true
fully_played_action = 0
selected_renderers = Chromecast, Android, Windows, Sony Home Theatre System, Xbox, Panasonic, Samsung, VLC
external_network = false
engines = FFmpegVideo,MEncoder,FFmpegAudio,tsMuxeRAudio,FFmpegWebVideo,VLCWebVideo,VLCVideo,VLCAudio
use_mplayer_for_video_thumbs = true
audio_channels = 6
gpu_acceleration = true
logging_filter_logs_tab = INFO
ignore_the_word_the = false
resume = false
hide_recently_played_folder = false
tsmuxer_mux_all_audiotracks = false
maximum_video_buffer_size = 200
audio_bitrate = 384
audio_remux_ac3 = true
3d_subtitles_depth = 1
http_engine_v2 = true
renderer_default = Android
renderer_force_default = false
force_transcode_for_extensions =
chapter_support = false
chapter_interval = 10
mencoder_mux_compatible = false
hide_new_media_folder = true
prettify_filenames = true
ignore_the_word_a_and_the = false
automatic_maximum_bitrate = false
append_profile_name = false
single_instance = false
server_name = Universal Media Server
port = 5001
thumbnail_seek_position = 120
hide_transcode_folder = false
disable_subtitles = false
audio_resample = false
audio_embed_dts_in_pcm = false
audio_use_pcm = false
encoded_audio_passthrough = true
disable_transcode_for_extensions = mp3
logging_logfile_name = debug_main.log
log_level = INFO
audio_thumbnails_method = 0
force_external_subtitles = true
use_cache = true
show_media_library_folder = false
show_live_subtitles_folder = false
fmpeg_available_fgpu_decoding_acceleration_methods = auto,qsv,vaapi
ffmpeg_available_gpu_acceleration_methods = auto,qsv,vaapi
engines_priority = FFmpegVideo,MEncoder,TSMuxer,FFmpegAudio,tsMuxeRAudio,FFmpegWebVideo,VLCWebVideo,VLCVideo,MEncoderWebVideo,VLCAudio,VLCTranscoder,DCRaw
show_transcode_folder = true
Paulcake

Post by Paulcake »

Loving the release. Looks like 4K videos still don't work on LG WEBOS unless you take transcoding off or altering the conf file.

I did a full clean install
xmp125a

Post by xmp125a »

mxytplk wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:03 pm Whitelist of folder(s) using IP addresses is not working for me on UMS v8.1.0. Is it known whether or not this feature tests successfully on v8.1.0?

I attempted to update to UMS v8.1.0 from v6.7.4, on a system that specified a whitelist for an ip-address to specify a folder (i.e, one that was not in the global shared folder list). More particularly: "192.168.x.xx.folders = {specified folder path, with doubled backslashes}"

The same whitelist statement was working fine on UMS v6.7.4. It failed on v8.1.0. I uninstalled v8.1.0 and tried a somewhat earlier version, v7.6.2. It also failed on v7.6.2. Each install was a clean install.

(I also made various other tests to see if I could isolate the problem. For brevity, I won't detail those tests in this post. However, I could not find any indication in the logs of UMS v8.1.0 and v7.6.2 that the folder identified by the whitelist actually was being processed. In particular, log lines that usually state "INFO Checking shared folder: {folder-path}" did not appear for the whitelisted folder on those UMS versions. It was as though the entire whitelist statement itself was being ignored on those UMS versions.)
TL;DR I suspect much of the per-device access/sharing is broken in 7.x as well, not just whitelisting.

I am on 7.6.2 and trying to successfully set up any kind of per-device shared folder list. I thought I was going crazy.

192.168.X.X.folders = folder list 
simply does not work for me (placed in UMS.conf). Even more, "folders"and "folders_ignore" have no effect if placed in renderer conf files. If they are placed in UMS.conf, all renderers see the folders, if placed into renderer conf files, they have no effect. Renderer conf files work (detection via uuid) and I can actually manipulate server_name successfully, so each device sees different server name (which confirms that render-specific files are loaded and processed).

Can anyone confirm my observations and check if 8.x has same problems?
mxytplk

Post by mxytplk »

xmp125a wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:06 am
mxytplk wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:03 pm Whitelist of folder(s) using IP addresses is not working for me on UMS v8.1.0. Is it known whether or not this feature tests successfully on v8.1.0?

I attempted to update to UMS v8.1.0 from v6.7.4, on a system that specified a whitelist for an ip-address to specify a folder (i.e, one that was not in the global shared folder list). More particularly: "192.168.x.xx.folders = {specified folder path, with doubled backslashes}"

The same whitelist statement was working fine on UMS v6.7.4. It failed on v8.1.0. I uninstalled v8.1.0 and tried a somewhat earlier version, v7.6.2. It also failed on v7.6.2. Each install was a clean install.

(I also made various other tests to see if I could isolate the problem. For brevity, I won't detail those tests in this post. However, I could not find any indication in the logs of UMS v8.1.0 and v7.6.2 that the folder identified by the whitelist actually was being processed. In particular, log lines that usually state "INFO Checking shared folder: {folder-path}" did not appear for the whitelisted folder on those UMS versions. It was as though the entire whitelist statement itself was being ignored on those UMS versions.)
TL;DR I suspect much of the per-device access/sharing is broken in 7.x as well, not just whitelisting.

I am on 7.6.2 and trying to successfully set up any kind of per-device shared folder list. I thought I was going crazy.

192.168.X.X.folders = folder list 
simply does not work for me (placed in UMS.conf). Even more, "folders"and "folders_ignore" have no effect if placed in renderer conf files. If they are placed in UMS.conf, all renderers see the folders, if placed into renderer conf files, they have no effect. Renderer conf files work (detection via uuid) and I can actually manipulate server_name successfully, so each device sees different server name (which confirms that render-specific files are loaded and processed).

Can anyone confirm my observations and check if 8.x has same problems?
I can confirm that the "folders" statement fails within a renderer conf file (i.e., detected via uuid). That was among the various experiments I conducted to attempt to isolate (or circumvent) the problem. I determined that the stated failure within a renderer conf file existed both on v7.6.2 and v8.1.0. My guess was that all of these failures likely were symptoms of the same underlying problem and likely would have the same, perhaps trivial, fix.

Please note that I have opened an issue (#1801) on the "Whitelist of folder-list by IP address" symptom.
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1801

You may wish to add your comments to that issue, and/or open a separate issue for the related problem(s) that you encountered.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Cool guide begleysm!
Maybe you can add it to our GitHub Wiki too?