Proceed with track 1 when playing an album has finished

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
JDN165

Proceed with track 1 when playing an album has finished

Post by JDN165 »

I use UMS to stream music albums in FLAC format to my media player (Sangean WFT-1). No problems with that whatsoever, it’s a great media server.

There is however one thing that’s bothering me: when I only want to play some last tracks of an album, the media player starts again with the first track when the album has finished playing. For instance, when the album has 10 tracks and I only want to play track 9 and 10, I choose track 9 on the player. Track 9 and 10 are played then, but when track 10 had finished playing, the player continues with track 1 and will play track 1 till 8. I don't want this.
I’m not sure if this is a "feature" of UMS or if I have to blame my media player for this.

Any ideas?
mik_s

Re: Proceed with track 1 when playing an album has finished

Post by mik_s »

Sounds like a feature of your media player not UMS as it will only stream content that is requested. you might have repeat turned on your media player, check the options on there.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
JDN165

Re: Proceed with track 1 when playing an album has finished

Post by JDN165 »

Yes, that was my first thought too, but on the player de repeat function is turned off.
So my guess was that there was perhaps some hidden setting in UMS which causes this behavior.
And it is in fact not really a repeat I think. Only the album tracks that haven't been played are played yet, see my example.