PS4 disconnecting every 20 minutes

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
sake

Re: PS4 disconnecting every 20 minutes

Post by sake »

Sorry for the delay SubJunk, but due to COVID-19 I still haven`t had the chance to give it a try using the same setup/same TV, etc.; Will have the chance to give it a try after NY.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

No problem. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet. I will try with longer videos but I have watched some that are roughly 60 minutes long with no problems. Which makes me think it is some network condition as Nadahar guessed a while ago.
sake

Post by sake »

SubJunk wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:32 pm No problem. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet. I will try with longer videos but I have watched some that are roughly 60 minutes long with no problems. Which makes me think it is some network condition as Nadahar guessed a while ago.
I am sorry, but I disagree with that (at least when it comes to my personal setup). That is the reason why I want to get hold of my streaming rig, which unfortunately is located in another city and I won`t be going there until 2021.

Anyway, I was a Serviio user, before switching to UMS. So, I have the same TV, same laptop, same network settings, same routers, etc. With Serviio I had no issues at all, while UMS kept on disconnecting me every single time.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

You might be experiencing a different problem since your disconnection happens much later than 20 minutes, but I guess we can't know until 2021.

There was a user in this thread who said the same thing happened with Plex too (https://www.universalmediaserver.com/fo ... 165#p29165) so it would appear that at least in that case, it was an issue that is bigger than just UMS.

I have a 3 hour movie playing right now on the PS4 and will let you know if that makes it all the way when it's done.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It got to the end of the 3 hour movie (2:56:45) with no problems. That's on my wi-fi. I'll try again on wired.
sake

Post by sake »

SubJunk wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:19 pm It got to the end of the 3 hour movie (2:56:45) with no problems. That's on my wi-fi. I'll try again on wired.
Thank you, SubJunk. Hope you would be able to sort this out.

Btw, I have my laptop with me and I must have all the logs saved somewhere there. Do you want me to look for anything particular or I must reproduce the issue once I have access to my TV?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

UMS starts new logs each time it runs, and only saves them from one previous time. If you haven't run UMS since that problem was reproduced, and it was running in TRACE logging mode, then they could be useful
sake

Post by sake »

SubJunk wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:04 pm UMS starts new logs each time it runs, and only saves them from one previous time. If you haven't run UMS since that problem was reproduced, and it was running in TRACE logging mode, then they could be useful
Unfortunately that is not the case. I will wait until I get back home and have access to my TV. Hope I will be able to update you soon.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Ok, no problem :)
Kruksten

Post by Kruksten »

I just recently started having this same issue(within the last 2 weeks or so). I suspect it's something in the latest PS4 software update(8.03) that's causing this for me. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and is up to date. Could the latest update(windows-10-update-kb4592438) have caused this?