Version 2.5.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
uman2k

Re: Version 2.5.0 is released

Post by uman2k »

Optimus_prime wrote:I'm currently trying to build it now for mac, took me a while to get the VM image setup
Hi!

I'm trying to clone & compile version 2.5.0 for OS X from the GitHub repository, but when all is done the app doesn't works.
The first I saw is that I have to fix permissions for JavaApplicationStub in Contents adding executable properties. But anyway it doesn't work. It seems to be a problem when compiling the UMS Jar file, but I'm not sure.
Checking out for older Git versions for the repo using "git checkout @{100.days.ago}" can't find any other than new 2.5.1.
Also I've tried to search on Google Code repository, but the version there is too much older (1.4.x or older, I can't remember!)
Did you get a working build for Mac OS X?
If you do, can you tell me what was wrong?

Thanks in advance.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I think in order to make OS X builds from now on we will have to patch the code (which is easy to add to a build script) to allow it to work with Java 6, since most macs still use Java 6
I was away for the weekend but I'm back now and trying to get the build done
sujayt

Post by sujayt »

SubJunk wrote:I think in order to make OS X builds from now on we will have to patch the code (which is easy to add to a build script) to allow it to work with Java 6, since most macs still use Java 6
I was away for the weekend but I'm back now and trying to get the build done
Is it still possible to build a Java 7 version? I have 7 manually installed.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

You can build it yourself (and you're free to upload and release that version yourself too, you could make a thread for it here for the fame and glory ;)
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

I've been trying to build a Java 7 or 6 version for OS X all day and can't get any of them to work. Not sure why it's being difficult but it is alot harder than Windows or Linux
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
uman2k

Post by uman2k »

Optimus_prime wrote:I've been trying to build a Java 7 or 6 version for OS X all day and can't get any of them to work. Not sure why it's being difficult but it is alot harder than Windows or Linux
Me neither!
I have no issues building from old Google Code repo (1.1.0). It works as expected.
Seeking at pom.txt all points to Java 7 so I guess there wouldn't be no problem in compile to that version. SubJunk, It's not a problem to add Java 6 later, but it's better to have it working in Java 7 since the security leaks detected in previous versions.
When compiling i see some warnings:

Code: Select all

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Universal Media Server 2.5.1
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.5:resolve-external (resolve-install-external-dependencies) @ ums ---
[INFO] starting to resolve external dependencies
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] external artifact resolved in existing repository; no download needed: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: sevenzip:jbinding:4.65-1.04-RC:jar
[INFO] external artifact resolved in existing repository; no download needed: sevenzip:jbinding:4.65-1.04-RC:jar
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: sevenzip-allplatforms:jbinding-allplatforms:4.65-1.04-RC:jar
[INFO] external artifact resolved in existing repository; no download needed: sevenzip-allplatforms:jbinding-allplatforms:4.65-1.04-RC:jar
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: com.jgoodies:forms:1.4.2:jar
[INFO] external artifact resolved in existing repository; no download needed: com.jgoodies:forms:1.4.2:jar
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: com.jgoodies:looks:2.4.2:jar
[INFO] external artifact resolved in existing repository; no download needed: com.jgoodies:looks:2.4.2:jar
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: jwbroek.cuelib:cuelib:1.2.1-2008-06-13:jar
[INFO] external artifact resolved in existing repository; no download needed: jwbroek.cuelib:cuelib:1.2.1-2008-06-13:jar
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: mediautil:mediautil:1.0:jar
[INFO] external artifact resolved in existing repository; no download needed: mediautil:mediautil:1.0:jar
[INFO] attempting to resolve external artifact: com.googlecode:xmlwise:1.2:jar
[INFO] external artifact resolved in existing repository; no download needed: com.googlecode:xmlwise:1.2:jar
[INFO] finished resolving all external dependencies
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.5:install-external (resolve-install-external-dependencies) @ ums ---
[INFO] starting to install external dependencies into local repository
[INFO] resolving artifact for installation: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] this aritifact already exists in the local repository; no download is needed: com.jgoodies:common:1.2.1:jar
[INFO] resolving artifact for installation: sevenzip:jbinding:4.65-1.04-RC:jar
[INFO] this aritifact already exists in the local repository; no download is needed: sevenzip:jbinding:4.65-1.04-RC:jar
[INFO] resolving artifact for installation: sevenzip-allplatforms:jbinding-allplatforms:4.65-1.04-RC:jar
[INFO] this aritifact already exists in the local repository; no download is needed: sevenzip-allplatforms:jbinding-allplatforms:4.65-1.04-RC:jar
[INFO] resolving artifact for installation: com.jgoodies:forms:1.4.2:jar
[INFO] this aritifact already exists in the local repository; no download is needed: com.jgoodies:forms:1.4.2:jar
[INFO] resolving artifact for installation: com.jgoodies:looks:2.4.2:jar
[INFO] this aritifact already exists in the local repository; no download is needed: com.jgoodies:looks:2.4.2:jar
[INFO] resolving artifact for installation: jwbroek.cuelib:cuelib:1.2.1-2008-06-13:jar
[INFO] this aritifact already exists in the local repository; no download is needed: jwbroek.cuelib:cuelib:1.2.1-2008-06-13:jar
[INFO] resolving artifact for installation: mediautil:mediautil:1.0:jar
[INFO] this aritifact already exists in the local repository; no download is needed: mediautil:mediautil:1.0:jar
[INFO] resolving artifact for installation: com.googlecode:xmlwise:1.2:jar
[INFO] this aritifact already exists in the local repository; no download is needed: com.googlecode:xmlwise:1.2:jar
[INFO] finished installing all external dependencies into local repository
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- git-commit-id-plugin:2.1.0:revision (default) @ ums ---
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources (default-resources) @ ums ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 143 resources to resources
[INFO] Copying 1 resource to resources
[INFO] Copying 1 resource to ..
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (process-resources-linux) @ ums ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/linux/ffmpeg
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/ffmpeg
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/linux/mencoder
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/mencoder
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/linux/mplayer
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/mplayer
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/linux/tsMuxeR
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/tsMuxeR
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/linux/tsMuxeR_licence.txt
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/tsMuxeR_license.txt
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:compile (default-compile) @ ums ---
[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[INFO] Compiling 220 source files to /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/classes
[WARNING] /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/java/net/pms/newgui/CustomTabbedPaneUI.java:[7,17] sun.swing.SwingUtilities2 is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[WARNING] /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/java/net/pms/newgui/CustomTabbedPaneUI.java:[24,17] sun.swing.SwingUtilities2 is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[WARNING] /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/java/net/pms/dlna/CueFolder.java: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[WARNING] /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/java/net/pms/dlna/CueFolder.java: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[WARNING] /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/java/net/pms/newgui/NavigationShareTab.java: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[WARNING] /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/java/net/pms/newgui/NavigationShareTab.java: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:testResources (default-testResources) @ ums ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 1 resource to resources
[INFO] Copying 12 resources to net/pms/util
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ ums ---
[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[INFO] Compiling 15 source files to /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/test-classes
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.3:test (default-test) @ ums ---
[INFO] Surefire report directory: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/surefire-reports

-------------------------------------------------------
 T E S T S
-------------------------------------------------------
Running net.pms.configuration.RendererConfigurationTest
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.234 sec
Running net.pms.dlna.DLNAMediaAudioTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.002 sec
Running net.pms.dlna.DLNAMediaSubtitleTest
Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.216 sec
Running net.pms.formats.v2.AudioAttributeTest
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
Running net.pms.formats.v2.AudioPropertiesTest
Tests run: 13, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.021 sec
Running net.pms.formats.v2.SubtitleTypeTest
Tests run: 17, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.029 sec
Running net.pms.formats.v2.SubtitleUtilsTest
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.058 sec
Running net.pms.test.formats.FormatFactoryTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.026 sec
Running net.pms.test.formats.FormatRecognitionTest
Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 9, Time elapsed: 0.537 sec
Running net.pms.test.formats.FormatTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.001 sec
Running net.pms.test.Iso639Test
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.032 sec
Running net.pms.test.TaskRunnerTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.012 sec
Running net.pms.util.FileUtilTest
Tests run: 27, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.077 sec
Running net.pms.util.VersionTest
Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.001 sec

Results :

Tests run: 105, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 9

[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (process-resources-osx) @ ums ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/osx
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/osx/dcraw
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/osx/dcraw
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/osx/ffmpeg
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/osx/ffmpeg
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/osx/flac
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/osx/flac
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/osx/libmediainfo.dylib
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/libmediainfo.dylib
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/MediaInfo-License.html
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/MediaInfo-License.html
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/osx/mencoder
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/osx/mencoder
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/osx/mplayer
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/osx/mplayer
      [get] Getting: http://universal-media-server-binaries.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/osx/tsMuxeR
      [get] To: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/bin/osx/tsMuxeR
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (prepare-package-osx) @ ums ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/ums-2.5.1-distribution
     [exec] alias file Aplicaciones of folder ums-2.5.1-distribution of folder target of folder UniversalMediaServer of folder ugobox of folder Users of startup disk
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-jar-plugin:2.3.1:jar (default-jar) @ ums ---
[INFO] Building jar: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/ums-2.5.1.jar
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single (make-jar-with-dependencies-linux) @ ums ---
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/assembly/jar-with-dependencies.xml
Adding org.apache.maven.scm.provider.ScmProvidersvn
[INFO] Building jar: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/ums-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
Component: org.apache.maven.scm.provider.ScmProvidersvn is already defined. Skipping.
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single (build-pms-linux) @ ums ---
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/assembly/assembly-linux.xml
[INFO] Building tar: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/ums-2.5.1-distribution.tar.gz
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single (make-jar-with-dependencies-osx) @ ums ---
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/assembly/jar-with-dependencies.xml
Adding org.apache.maven.scm.provider.ScmProvidersvn
[INFO] Building jar: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/ums-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
Component: org.apache.maven.scm.provider.ScmProvidersvn is already defined. Skipping.
[WARNING] Artifact net.pms:ums:jar:jar-with-dependencies:2.5.1 already attached to project, ignoring duplicate
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single (make-assembly-osx) @ ums ---
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/assembly/assembly-osx.xml
[INFO] Copying files to /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/ums-2.5.1-distribution
[WARNING] Assembly file: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/ums-2.5.1-distribution is not a regular file (it may be a directory). It cannot be attached to the project build for installation or deployment.
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (copy-jar-with-dependencies-linux) @ ums ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- osxappbundle-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-2:bundle (default) @ ums ---
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: file.resource.loader.class => 'org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: file.resource.loader.path => ''.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'file,classpath'.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/external-resources/osx/Info.plist-template.xml [line 35,column 33] : $APP_PACKAGE is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/src/main/external-resources/osx/Info.plist-template.xml [line 35,column 33] : $APP_PACKAGE is not a valid reference.
[INFO] Building zip: /Users/ugobox/UniversalMediaServer/target/ums-2.5.1-app.zip
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] Total time: 2:31.253s
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Mar 10 15:11:02 CET 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 26M/99M
In fact it seems to rely on any dependency as the jar generated with all dependencies seems to work.
I'm not experienced in building this app (neither any other :lol: ) so it's too hard for me to find a solution based on those warnings as apparently all tests results successfully.
Hope someone can point us into the right direction. I'm very interested in build and share the newest revisions.

Thanks.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Basically i'm seeing the same issues as you are uman2k, but i also attempted to compile at Java 6 and found more issues than i was bargaining for. I'm going to continue to work at it to find a solution, as i love a challenge.
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
uman2k

Post by uman2k »

Yeah, I was was "trying to catch" it too under java 1.6. But I have to work.
I hope you will be luckiest than me.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Any luck? Looks like the guy who was doing the OS X builds can't do them anymore
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Look the problem i'm having building the OS-x versions seems to be caused inadvertently by going to java 7.
I'm currently trying to find out how badly this will affect the current form of the code as any optimization of the code for java 7 breaks the ability to build for java 6.
I've been busy with work but i'm going to attempt to sort something out tomorrow to see if i can fix it.
How Ask For Support