PCI Card UMS Support

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
manasrrp

PCI Card UMS Support

Post by manasrrp »

Dear Support,
Which PCI or PCIe TV Tuner Card it support to stream over LAN, as like Hauppauge, Avermedia, TBS etc. So that we can stream DVB-S2 signal over LAN or WAN. :?:
Regards,
Manas Dash
Nadahar

Re: PCI Card UMS Support

Post by Nadahar »

None, and I don't quite see what would be the point. You can probably get UMS to stream the output from such a card if you set up a local "stream server" that you then point UMS to by using its URL as a "shared folder/resource". But, there would be no way to control the tuner for changing the channel or do other such things. Even if you managed to switch channel by controlling the tuner in some other way, I'm pretty sure that renderers would disconnect/fail whenever you changed the channel.

There are other problems as well. UMS needs to analyze the source media to know how to handle it, a "live stream" would be difficult to analyze the way UMS usually does, so it would probably fail and be unable to handle the stream properly. There currently is no way to manually inform UMS of the source media metadata, which would be necessary to make something like that play nice.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I suspect the OP may be a spammer. There are quite a few users with similar sig (regards) that seems to suggest they are all the same person.
No links yet though so can't be sure so I'm holding off the banhammer for now, but some have been held back or approval which I'll leave alone.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I had my suspicions, but I've also seen users genuinely ask about similar situations, so I chose to answer. If he "reveals himself", just delete the whole thread ;)