ubuntu server with browser video player spins

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
chuck448

ubuntu server with browser video player spins

Post by chuck448 »

Hi,

I am looking for some help in debugging the player not working for me.

For about a year the browser based player has not been working for me... firefox nor chrome... tried various client computers to play it. (used to work back then)

The server is running Ubuntu 23.04.. I rebuilt the OS a few month ago, that didnt help.

I am running the current version from patreon 13.7.0

Many (perhaps all) of my videos have messages in the debug.log file "will not be streamed because it is not supported by the renderer Firefox"... not sure that means it wont play at all or perhaps streaming is limited in some manor.

I hope the attached debug file is okay (I trimmed it a bit).

Thoughts?
Attachments
dbglog.zip
(12.64 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
mik_s

Re: ubuntu server with browser video player spins

Post by mik_s »

Could you post the full trace logs as partial logs will not give the full story.
If you follow the instructions in the red section above it will pack the logs along with your configuration files and make it easier for me to find the problem.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
chuck448

Post by chuck448 »

Attached is zip with debug and configs with trace

This is a fresh ubuntu 23.04 os and fresh UMS install.

I tried to play DuckandC1951)512kb.mp4

the player in the firefox web browser spins.

Thank you
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-10-13-16-41.zip
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I think it may be because you are sharing your home folder and configuration folders and this is causing errors when UMS is scanning the files, like this

Code: Select all

ERROR 2023-10-13 16:07:25.865 [File event] net.pms.dlna.RealFile Database error while trying to add parsed information for "/home/guppie/snap/firefox/common/.mozilla/firefox/mke2uopu.default/cert9.db-journal" to the cache: Duplicate key while adding "/home/guppie/snap/firefox/common/.mozilla/firefox/mke2uopu.default/cert9.db-journal" to the cache: Unique index or primary key violation: "PUBLIC.CONSTRAINT_INDEX_3 ON PUBLIC.FILES(FILENAME NULLS FIRST) VALUES ( /* 62 */ '/home/guppie/snap/firefox/common/.mozilla/firefox/mke2uopu.default/cert9.db-journal' )"; SQL statement:
INSERT INTO "PUBLIC"."FILES"("ID","THUMBID","FILENAME","MODIFIED","FORMAT_TYPE","DURATION","BITRATE","WIDTH","HEIGHT","MEDIA_SIZE","CODECV","FRAMERATE","ASPECTRATIODVD","ASPECTRATIOCONTAINER","ASPECTRATIOVIDEOTRACK","REFRAMES","AVCLEVEL","IMAGEINFO","CONTAINER","MUXINGMODE","FRAMERATEMODE","STEREOSCOPY","MATRIXCOEFFICIENTS","TITLECONTAINER","TITLEVIDEOTRACK","VIDEOTRACKCOUNT","IMAGECOUNT","BITDEPTH","HDRFORMAT","HDRFORMATCOMPATIBILITY","PIXELASPECTRATIO","SCANTYPE","SCANORDER")VALUES(DEFAULT,DEFAULT,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) [23505-214]
Delete the first 2 entries in the shared folders and just have the one that contains your videos.

This may have also corrupted the database as the file you mention appears with the same error. It may even be stuck in a loop as the file appears many times.
Might be worth deleting the database and let UMS rebuild it when it is restarted. I'm don't know its location on Linux but should be with your configuration files.

Another cause of the videos not playing is that there is a different version of FFmpeg being used.
I don't know if this is a special build for Linux or not though, it does look up to date and being run from /opt/ums/linux/ffmpeg
I have seen cases where people have an old version of FFmpeg installed and UMS was using that one instead and failing.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
chuck448

Post by chuck448 »

I have removed all but the one directory from SHARED.conf and removed the databases so it would rebuild...

The indexing no longer has errors.

However the player still spins.

/opt/ums/linux is the ffmpeg included with UMS, sounded like you wanted me to try one built for this OS.

So next I installed the 'current' ffmpeg for this ubuntu release... It is a little older than the supplied one included with UMS, it still fails.

notes:
I set upnp_enable = false just to cut down on the noise in the logs.
ffmpeg_path =/usr/bin/ffmpeg is the only change in /opt/ums/UMS.conf
I did a refresh install of this whole system yesterday so it should be close to stock.
boss

Post by boss »

You could try and remove the entire database folder and its contents. It will rebuild itself.
location is: /username/.config/UMS/database
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

chuck448 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:04 am /opt/ums/linux is the ffmpeg included with UMS, sounded like you wanted me to try one built for this OS.

So next I installed the 'current' ffmpeg for this ubuntu release... It is a little older than the supplied one included with UMS, it still fails.
No I just wanted to make sure it was using the right version. I don't know much about linux so don't know the locations of files.
As long as UMS is using the version it installed then that is good. If you had a previous version it has been known to be used wrongly instead, and that version might not have all the options that UMS uses.

Change the ffmpeg_path back to default.

You will also need to keep upnp_enable set to true. I got filters in my log viewer to hide the spam but I think UPnP is used for the web interface too.

If you do new logs now while attempting to play I might be able to see where the problem is. Might be better to only share a test folder with a few videos to limit what to look for.