Complete Docker installation, and now?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
pindaroli

Complete Docker installation, and now?

Post by pindaroli »

I installed UMS to a headless linux server through Portainer
And now how to access admin interface and web client interfaces?

Thanks
PS: In the installation i didn't find file WEB.conf to install in the UMS conf dir...
pindaroli

Re: Complete Docker installation, and now?

Post by pindaroli »

Now I have
INFO 06:49:03.455 [main] Universal Media Server is now available for renderers to find
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "FileSystemWatchService"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "FFmpeg Thumbnail Failsafe"
INFO 06:49:59.392 [GuiManager Memory Usage Updater] Exception in thread "GuiManager Memory Usage Updater" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
How to add more memory in docker installation?
I have 14TB disk how to can make a correct dimensioning?
Thanks
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I don't know much about docker so what you need may be here

To get to the web interface on your headless interface you just need to go to the IP of your server, port 9001 (9002 for standalone web player), something like http://192.168.x.x:9001/
If you cannot access that then the web interface might not have been able to start, maybe because the port is in use.
If you post your logs I may be able to find the problem. As you will not be able to put in trace mode from the GUI then add

Code: Select all

log_level =TRACE
to UMS.conf before doing them.

The web.conf is no longer used, all shared media has been moved to a separate SHARED.conf which includes virtual folders and web streams.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
pindaroli

Post by pindaroli »

Thanks for you kind answer.

in attachment some logs collected after update to trace level.

bye!
ADDEDDUM:
1) 9001 interface starts but there isn't any shared dir
2) 9002 doesnt respond
3) My Lg c3 client app doesn't see the server
4) from log Datagram starts from

http://172.26.0.2:5001/dev/2384f455-0e6a-4ba4-8835-900ebef7df5b/desc
(internal address of docker container). Can it reach devices in my 192.168.50.0 network?
Attachments
debug.log.zip
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Are you using settings from a previous version as it is scanning stuff? The shared folder section is in the hamburger button on top right.
Clipboard Image (3).jpg
Clipboard Image (3).jpg (8.15 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
I can see that it is sharing the root of your system so it is scanning everything, not just your media.

Added file watch at /root: /root/**
and this also includes the UMS installation folder

This is causing problems as I see this error a lot.

ERROR 2023-10-16 16:58:32.267 [File event] Database error while trying to add parsed information for "/root/.config/UMS/database/medias.mv.db" to the cache: General error: "Chunk 133 not found [2.1.214/9]"; SQL statement:
UPDATE "PUBLIC"."FILES" SET "ID"=? ,"THUMBID"=? ,"FILENAME"=? ,"MODIFIED"=? ,"FORMAT_TYPE"=? ,"DURATION"=? ,"BITRATE"=? ,"WIDTH"=? ,"HEIGHT"=? ,"MEDIA_SIZE"=? ,"CODECV"=? ,"FRAMERATE"=? ,"ASPECTRATIODVD"=? ,"ASPECTRATIOCONTAINER"=? ,"ASPECTRATIOVIDEOTRACK"=? ,"REFRAMES"=? ,"AVCLEVEL"=? ,"IMAGEINFO"=? ,"CONTAINER"=? ,"MUXINGMODE"=? ,"FRAMERATEMODE"=? ,"STEREOSCOPY"=? ,"MATRIXCOEFFICIENTS"=? ,"TITLECONTAINER"=? ,"TITLEVIDEOTRACK"=? ,"VIDEOTRACKCOUNT"=? ,"IMAGECOUNT"=? ,"BITDEPTH"=? ,"HDRFORMAT"=? ,"HDRFORMATCOMPATIBILITY"=? ,"PIXELASPECTRATIO"=? ,"SCANTYPE"=? ,"SCANORDER"=?  WHERE "ID"=? [50000-214]
Because UMS is trying to add its own database file to the database, and it can't scan it as UMS is using it.

Could not match any format to "/root/.config/UMS/database/medias.mv.db"
Make sure you are only sharing your media folder.

All I know about docker is that it is a container and you need to allow ports to have external access but have no idea how to set that up.
I'm sure instructions are in that guide or in one of the reference links.

I can see the server is starting on 172.26.0.2 but don't know how to translate that to your 192.168.50.x network. Both will need to be on the same subnet to be detected.

Started StreamServer on: /172.26.0.2:5001
and the web player is active

Web player is available at: http://172.26.0.2:9002
It might be there are several network interfaces available and UMS is picking the wrong one. You can force the correct one in the settings.

Now you have managed to get into the web interface it would be best to create logs in there as it also attaches your confs so I can check your settings.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
pindaroli

Post by pindaroli »

i follow this guide suggested in site:
https://support.universalmediaserver.co ... ion/docker
in pariticular i fetched configuration from
volumes:
- '/home/olindo/seagate14t/plex:/root/media'
- '/home/olindo/UMS/.config/UMS:/root/.config/UMS'
This is the mapping beetwen my dirs and which used by the container (on the right) . PLEX is not active when I start UMS so there isn't no contention
Could not match any format to "/root/.config/UMS/database/medias.trace.db"
How I can limit searchig in /root/media
I tried
sharing.png
sharing.png (32.21 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
I added the share of 9002 port
- '9002:9002'
and now i can see the player interface
sharing.png
sharing.png (32.21 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
but /root/media doesn't match which i mapped (il plex windows there is the real content)
Do you need other info?
Thanks a lot
Olindo
Attachments
share2.png
share2.png (98.85 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
Last edited by pindaroli on Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Could you post your SHARED.conf and UMS.conf so I can check them
pindaroli

Post by pindaroli »

Here they are!

PS:if UMS will work I candidate myself to write docker server installation guide.
Attachments
UMS.conf
(63.87 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
SHARED.conf
(247 Bytes) Downloaded 69 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

In your SHARED.conf it has the UMS directory

{
    "file": "/usr/src/ums",
    "monitored": true,
    "metadata": true,
    "active": true,
    "type": "Folder"
  },
This will be why it was trying to add the database to itself

I don't know why it is there as it does not show in your screenshot. You could manually edit this in a text editor to just remove these lines.
Maybe this has corrupted the database trying to add all these files so might be worth deleting it so it will be recreated on next run.

I'm not too sure about the "/root/media" one either. I know very little about Linux and even less about Docker, but should this not be something like "/home/media"?
If your media is on a different part of your system I don't know how to map that location into Docker, or what to put in your shared folder list.
It may be how you have it is correct.

When it comes to Linux stuff @boss knows a lot more than me so maybe he can help better.

If you can get this working it would be great if you did a step by step guide for newbies at Linux and Docker.
The guides are written by the community but as not a lot of people use Docker they have not been updated for a while, things like mention of WEB.conf do not apply anymore to the current version.

Another thing I saw was a warning about a missing component.

WARN  2023-10-16 16:58:27.619 [System Information Logger] Did not find udev library in operating system. Some features may not work.
I have no idea what this is, what it does, or what effect it has on UMS.
boss

Post by boss »

I can't say that I have had any experience with docker.
But looking at your previous messages it appears that the install is much the same as other Linux installs.

Personally, I would remove all the UMS folders/files and start again.
I see you posted this:
{
"file": "/usr/src/ums",
"monitored": true,
},

usr/src/ normally contains the Linux kernels.
I would definitely NOT put your UMS install there.

Place the UMS install in: /opt/ums

The configuration files (SHARED,conf, UMS.conf etc) should go into /root/.config/UMS and should be created there automatically.

Your media files are at "/root/media", I can see from your logs that is the actual location
As mik_s says, that seems a bit strange but there is no reason it would not work.

I would make your SHARED.conf file (/root/.config/UMS/SHARED.conf) so it shows different folders for your media like on your computer.
Like this:
[
{
"file": "/root/media/Anime",
"monitored": false,
},
{
"file": "/root/media/Fantascien",
},
{
"file": "/root/media/Fantastico",
},
{
"file": "/root/media/Foto",
},
{
"file": "/root/media/Movies",
},
{
"file": "/root/media/Videos/Music",
},
{
"file": "/root/media/Videos/Serie",
},
]

As I said, I know nothing about Docker, but if you can make your installation as above, we can iron out any issues after that.