FFMPEG not playable in UMS 13.7.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Steve70

FFMPEG not playable in UMS 13.7.0

Post by Steve70 »

After the automated update to UMS 13.7.0 my Bravia KDL shows Media can't be played. The file/ media-structuc will be shown correctly.
Before the Update everythings works fine
I don't clear the catch or settings during the update. Unfortunally I don't know the version I used before because the automated update is configured.

Attached you find the requested trace, like described under:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
and also a txt file with two log-parts (after update) with entries from befor (Bravia connected very well) and after (an Java problem if Bravaria tried to access)

What can I do?

In Meantime I checked and tried different settings. The problems appears for mp4 files only, mkv, Audio (mp3) and pictures working correctly.
The Bravia shows the mp4 files as mp2 and show also the thumbnail but if I try to start appears "Wiedergabe nicht möglich" - not playable *I'm really frustrated after a lot fo hours to search the parametrisation and reinstallation without any progress
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-10-23-21-52.zip
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
20231023-UMS-trace_1.txt
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Steve70

Re: FFMPEG not playable in UMS 13.7.0

Post by Steve70 »

Sollution - Fall back to version 13.6.0! ;)

Would be great if you make older versions available at the download section.
mik_s

Re: FFMPEG not playable in UMS 13.7.0

Post by mik_s »

I think this was a change to make compatibility on newer TVs, like for newer formats like H265, better but might have broken things on older ones that don't recognise this.

It also might have been a bug as in the 13.8.0 release notes there is mention of incorrect values being sent.
Fixed incorrect DLNA.ORG_PN values for transcoded video
Fixed using MPEG-2 DLNA.ORG_PN value for H.265 videos
I'm sure there was a link to all previous version on the download page on sourceforge, but I think they stopped using it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.