my PS4 won't show on UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mik_s

Re: my PS4 won't show on UMS

Post by mik_s »

I did a quick search for DMZ on the deco M5 and it looks like it does not have this.

I had a look though some of the FAQs on their website and found this one about dynamic DNS that may be related as it mentions assigning a WAN IP. Do you have a mesh network set up with this router and relays?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
boss

Post by boss »

This the network setup for your computer network card in english.
Ethernet card Ethernet:

Connection specific DNS suffix . . . . . . . . . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
Physical address . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: D4-5D-64-24-C7-97
DHCP enabled . . . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Automatic setting enabled . . . . . . . . . . . .: Yes
Link - Local IPv6 address . . . . . . . : fe80::621c:47ba:3a85:bc0c%17 (preference)
IPv4 address . . . . . . . . . . . . : 113.25x.xx.xxx (preference)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 255.255.240.0
Lease acquisition . . . . . . . . . . . . .: November 17, 2023 21:09:37
Lease expiration . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: November 19, 2023 0:09:35
Default gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 113.25x.xx.x
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.17.8.43
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 248798564
DHCPv6 client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-26-5F-C4-C1-D4-5D-64-24-C7-97
DNS Server . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 210.3.59.72
NetBIOS over Tcpip . . . . . . . .: enabled
I thought it may have had a manual setup for your computer network card but this is not the case because your computer network card is set to AUTOMATIC and DHCP is enabled.

As Mik_S says it could have something to do with the Deco m5 system.
I had an issue with a friends network a few month ago who was running a powerline system.
In that case, although their computer had a LAN cable direct to the router, with the computer network card in automatic mode, it was getting its settings from the powerline system.
It was easy enough to overcome by manually putting the settings into the computer network card.

But for now can you supply your network setup. EG:
What routers, access points, is it a mesh system and what devices and how they are connected (wifi or LAN cable) etc.
asd487

Post by asd487 »

sorry guys, I’m swamped with work and don’t have time to do anything else.
I'm using the TP-LINK Deco M5. I think it is a mesh system, it has a main router and a sub router.

I have 2 PCs, one of these had a LAN cable direct to the router, another connected with WIFI. PS4 and my family's mobile phone are connected with WIFI too. Devices with WIFI are under the IP start with 192.