UMS on Samsung Smart TV (CU7000)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mik_s

Re: UMS on Samsung Smart TV (CU7000)

Post by mik_s »

Could you post your logs as that one error message is not helpful on its own. See the section in red above.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
riffster

Post by riffster »

I'm still having issues with lots of UHD movies...i haven't followed up in a while as i encountered so unfortunate things in life ......but here i am, i have tried almost all the renderers and most will not work for my tv right now very few files are playing.....may i also point out i have two tvs and when i partially got through with the renderer for one it messes up the setting for the other
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Could you post new logs with these problems?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
riffster

Post by riffster »

These are my logs No UHD movies can be played file size and type appear incorrectly.please assist
Attachments
ums_dbg_2024-05-06-10-47.zip
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

For some reason UMS is not making matches anymore with that conf I made and was falling back to the old NotCD conf.

I did see a small error that may have been a factor but I also another change which makes it slightly less strict but there should not be any other devices that will match.
Attachments
Samsung-Crystal_UHD_2023.conf
(9.57 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
riffster

Post by riffster »

The new config file has helped a few to play and some are still not playing..these are the new logs generated. I sent some screen shots to show whats happening when i try to play the files and how they appear on my screen. Thank You
Attachments
ums_dbg_2024-05-09-15-13.zip
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Error Screenshots.rar
(812.76 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

The screenshots look normal. Those videos that are showing as 0.00B are those that will be transcoded as they are not supported on that TV.
To check if these videos are actually able to play properly then try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding"
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab, in the web GUI it is in the "virtual folders/files" section)

Quite a few videos have DTS audio but Samsung has stopped supporting this for years so if they play at all they will have no sound if streamed.

Some use the TrueHD audio codec which is also not listed as supported.

Some use the divx codec which is not something listed as supported either but as AVI files are it is possible that it is included in with them.
If so I can tweak the conf so these are streamed.

There are some that would have been streamed but their bitrate is higher than the measured speed of your network which is rounded down to the nearest Mb/S

Code: Select all

Renderer Samsung CU7000 75 has an estimated network speed of 25.762093156498675 Mb/s
File "Alita.Battle.Angel.2019.4K.HDR.2160p.mkv" will not be streamed because the bitrate (25053573 b/s) is too high (25000000 b/s).
Final verdict: "Alita.Battle.Angel.2019.4K.HDR.2160p.mkv" will be transcoded with engine "FFmpeg Video" with mime type "video/x-matroska"
File "I Am Legend 2007 2160p 4K UltraHD BluRay x265 HEVC 10 Bits Multi TrueHD 5.1 -Zeus.mkv" will not be streamed because the bitrate (30594011 b/s) is too high (25000000 b/s).
Final verdict: "I Am Legend 2007 2160p 4K UltraHD BluRay x265 HEVC 10 Bits Multi TrueHD 5.1 -Zeus.mkv" will be transcoded with engine "FFmpeg Video" with mime type "video/x-matroska"
See if there is anything to improve the speed like using a wired connection to the TV. If these play fine with no transcoding then the speed test may not be accurate and you can turn off the automatic bitrate setting and leave Maximum bandwidth set on 90.

All these should still play by transcoding but the setting may not be right. I have made 2 options for you to try. One tweaks the existing profile so it should work but transcoding has it downsides like being unable to seek on some devices and I think this this applies to all Samsungs, and you won't be able to turn on or change subs once it has started to play unless you restart the video.

The second conf uses the HLS profile which I think is supported on newer Samsungs but not sure. It should not have all the negatives of normal transcoding if it works and allow normal seeking and be able to change subs and audio track anytime.

Try them one at a time as they have the same priority so you don't know which one will be chosen. Delete any of the previous confs I made too.
Attachments
Samsung-Crystal_UHD_2023.conf
(9.57 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Samsung-Crystal_UHD_2023_(HLS).conf
(9.61 KiB) Downloaded 3 times