Audio out of sync with Video

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
albertatoltec

Audio out of sync with Video

Post by albertatoltec »

Anyone,

I have a strange situation happening when a play a video through UMS (Ver. 13.8.1). The video player is the default one within my Sony TV (XBR-65X900f). The video is AVC(H.264) with audio AC-3.

When playing the video, the audio is about 2 seconds out-of-sync with the video. I initially suspected that there was a problem with the file but the actual file plays correctly (no synchronization problem) when I watch the video using CyberLink PowerDVD and ffplay.

All of my oither files that I watch through UMS work fine. This is the only onle that behaves strangely. Note, I tried delaying the audio track but this seems to make it worse.

Has anyone ever seen this before or have any suggestions?

Thanks,
mik_s

Re: Audio out of sync with Video

Post by mik_s »

Could you post your logs so I can see what is happening? See the link in my sig.

At a guess I would say the video is being transcoded and something might be wrong here.

From what you have said the codecs used in that video should be able to play on the TV without transcoding so I will need to see why UMS is choosing to transcode.

If the video is being streamed then the problem is with that video.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
albertatoltec

Post by albertatoltec »

mik_s,

Thanks for the reply. I have created the log files and included them with this e-mail.

You will see a lot of messages that related to the TV trying to connect to the specific disk and directory that includes the video file. In the end I also had the fife in another directory that wasn't quite as large.

Doug

p.s. The retransmission of the directories on the TV has been ongoing for years. I suspect it mave something to do with the RAM in the TV. The TV's OS is current.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2024-03-26-09-50.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I see that all your mp4 videos will always be streamed because your config is forcing it and UMS is not doing any checking to see if they are supported.
The videos I see being transcoded are mepg which is strange as this is a basic format that should work on everything and is the default format used when a video needs to be transcoded.

Looking at the conf that is being used it looks like you have modified it to remove most of the supported format section and set it to stream mp4.

I suggest you delete (or move to another location) the Sony-BraviaXBR900F.conf and let UMS use the Sony-BraviaXBR.conf instead which it should automatically use.
This might be for a slightly older version of that series of TV so may need tweaking.

I looked at the specs of that TV to see how old it is and it looks to be a fairly recent 4K.
The Sony-BraviaXBR.conf does not look to have the h265/HEVC codec listed in the supported formats so this might need to be added.
It also looks like this is only supported in MP4 files but not MKV but I could be wrong. You will have to do some testing to see if this is true.
You can try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding" to see this is supported.
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab, in the web GUI it is in the "virtual folders/files" section)

Looks like the subtitle section is missing from the conf too but that can be easily added.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.