Compatible transcoding for Xbox 360

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Nain57

Compatible transcoding for Xbox 360

Post by Nain57 »

Hi,

I have just discovered UMS and i'm trying to use it with all my available devices.
It works well with my android phone using BubleUPnP, even with subtitles and that's a great feature.

Unfortunately, i can't make it work with my Xbox360. UMS detect it correctly and i can browse the files with with the xbox.
But when i try to play a video (which works well on my android device), i have this error code 69-C00D36C4.
According with Microsoft website, this error code means the video format is not supported. So i have tried all files in the Transcode folder and none of them work.

Is there a specific configuration to do or this problem is unsolvable due to the low number of video format supported by the Xbox 360 ?
Did i have to buy a raspberry pi ^^ ?
barnito

Re: Compatible transcoding for Xbox 360

Post by barnito »

try PMS v1.72, the latest UMS and PMS do the same thing on my 360, I think they are working on it...

https://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/f ... 1.72.0.exe

I think this will fix your problem
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Did the version I made for you work, barnito? http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-barnito.exe
barnito

Post by barnito »

Unfourtunatley no, it trys to transcode files that played without it before, also the buffer never fills up and stutters on transcode...
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

barnito wrote:Unfourtunatley no, it trys to transcode files that played without it before, also the buffer never fills up and stutters on transcode...
The bug you reported was that FFmpeg crashes when you try to play anything, so at least I fixed that bug. So now what is a file that is being transcoded now that wasn't before?

Nain57, feel free to try the file I posted too, it might work http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-barnito.exe
barnito

Post by barnito »

it is weird, the buffer starts to fill while the 360 says "opening" but as soon as the video starts the buffer hits near 0 and never recovers causing stuttering... This happens with MENCODER and FFMPEG. I also noticed higher than normal (based on pms 1.72 'normal') CPU usage by FFMEPG on UMS 2.60 and PMS 1.80. If I use FFMPEG on PMS 1.72 FFMPEG uses about 10% CPU on average with sporadic spikes to 25-30% (after buffer is filled), however on UMS 2.60 and PMS 1.80, FFMPEG hits around 35% CPU usage and stays there the entire time.

PC specs:

phenom 2x4 3ghz
4gb ram
Last edited by barnito on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnito

Post by barnito »

Yes, FFMEG no longer crashes... My bad
SubJunk wrote:
barnito wrote:Unfourtunatley no, it trys to transcode files that played without it before, also the buffer never fills up and stutters on transcode...
The bug you reported was that FFmpeg crashes when you try to play anything, so at least I fixed that bug. So now what is a file that is being transcoded now that wasn't before?

Nain57, feel free to try the file I posted too, it might work http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-barnito.exe
barnito

Post by barnito »

I am playing around with it as we speak. Do you guys have a chat room??
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

What happens if you copy ffmpeg.exe and mencoder.exe from the PMS directory into the UMS one? Does that fix the issue?
Usually problems like this are caused by the CPU not being fast enough to keep up with the content.
barnito

Post by barnito »

I didn't mess with mencoder, however I have tried the stock FFMPEG and as well as the newest x64 bit version, behavior doesn't change...