[Solved] Video start fast forwarding itself random

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
giannuz

Re: Video start fast forwarding itself random

Post by giannuz »

Let me explain: if in the film there are moments where they speak a different language from mine, the subtitles to be displayed automatically, only at that particular time. Excuse me for my english....
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

OK so try to set your "audio/subtitles language priority" to: ita,off;*,ita;*,und
That will tell UMS to ignore subtitles if the audio is Italian, and look for Italian (or undefined) subtitles when the audio is not Italian.

As for the forced subtitles thing, that's difficult because it depends on the file you have, the settings that the person who encoded it used. If the "forced" subtitle does exist but it is not chosen by default in UMS, you can choose it in the transcode folder
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Well described in posted link 8-)
Embedded subs should have some string which defines it is FORCED subs. In english "forced" is used but can be different for italien etc. This can be configured in GUI, divided by "," when more strings are used.
Also there you can set your forced sub language so if you are italien, use ITA or IT (I am not sure it is correct 2char code for ITA). This value supports only one language! Mostly your native one :mrgreen:
Embeded subs can be redefined by using e.g. MKVTOOLNIX or when you have external subs, you should name it in format:

Code: Select all

moviename.mkv
moviename.ita-forced.srt
[/size]
After 2 or 3char language ID you can specify your special string (after "-") which will tell UMS that it is forced one.
All is described in posted link 8-)
giannuz

Post by giannuz »

Sorry I've been away for work. Thanks to your advice I solved all the problems and I finally figured out what he wanted to say the word "forced" next to the subtitles.
Thanks again to all. :D :D :D
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Great :D