[ADDED] Ability to Resume Play from Timecode

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
karshkarsh92

[ADDED] Ability to Resume Play from Timecode

Post by karshkarsh92 »

Hey,

I thought it would be cool to store the last time position in a video file that can be later called upon to resume play at that instant, rather than having to fast forward to a position in the movie. Would this be possible?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Ability to Resume Play from Timecode

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah it would be possible, I'll add it to the list :)
smirk

Post by smirk »

I second and third this request. I love UMS but my wife won't use it because it doesn't remember where she left off like Netflix does. Her viewing habits are that she'll watch some amount of a show and then stop it to take care of the baby, run an errand, or go do something else -- and then she'll return later to continue. She's not PS3-savvy enough to know how to use its "Go to a particular time" option in the triangle menu, either.

So if UMS could automatically continue from where it left off (unless it's in the last minute or so, which would probably mean playback ended during the credits), that would help out a lot.

Thanks!
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

I support the idea - Just FYI,. Renders often support a "resume" function themselves, i just recenlty discovered that it was a option on my Bravia.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

The Bravia does this if it remembers that you watched the movie etc. If you turn it off it will not resume. This feature I assume is the possibility to pick up where you stopped even if you turned of the render and/or UMS.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
nicomess

Post by nicomess »

In the new version 3.0.0a2 ( which i' m trying out right now ) there is support for resuming video from a cached value - namely where you stopped playback for the last time you played the media. :D :D

Thanks for implementing this !! :mrgreen:

Additionally it would be nice to be able to specify exactly the position for playback start ( by entering for example 0 , 1 , : , 3 , 4 , : , 2 , 7 stepwise from virtual folders to start at 1h34m27s ).

Surely you could setup really small intervals for the transcoding chapters but in terms of usability it would be a lot easier this way. My TV does not provide the option to jump to a certain position from it's DLNA menu.