UMSBuilder

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DeFlanko

UMSBuilder

Post by DeFlanko »

First off, THAT WAS COOL.

i didn't realize this was the tool to get the latest and greatest out of GitHub!

This post is strictly a Celebratory one in saying "Thanks for this tool!"

Also, this section needed something... xD

Again, thanks guys!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: UMSBuilder

Post by SubJunk »

Cheers :D
KingWilliam

Post by KingWilliam »

Hi,

Is the source of UMSBuilder hosted somewhere? I downloaded it, had a quick read, and translated the commands to fit my linux.

If the source is hosted somewhere I would be happy to share my "buildOnLinuxForLinux.sh" with a pull request.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

KingWilliam wrote:I would be happy to share my "buildOnLinuxForLinux.sh"
UMSBuilder isn't hosted anywhere afaik, but feel free to attach the script in its own thread here :).
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

If you upload it somewhere I can add it to the next version of UMSBuilder, which I've been meaning to release soon anyway :)
KingWilliam

Post by KingWilliam »

I have pasted it here: http://pastebin.com/a645PLLv

I did some quick tests myself and it does the job perfectly.

My eventual goal is to see whether I can package UMS into a standard debian package for Ubuntu and other derivatives. This way its easier to install and perhaps updates can be pushed automatically to users via the standard tools (Software updater, apt, dpkg, ...) . If you have any advice regarding that I'd be happy to hear :)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

KingWilliam wrote:My eventual goal is to see whether I can package UMS into a standard debian package for Ubuntu and other derivatives.
Great :) (though I should confess personally I've always preferred a standalone install). You may want to look at the deb package here.

PS '\' -> '/' in the #Setup env block.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks a lot, I'm posting a news announcement about the new UMSBuilder version now :)
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

I'm assuming that UMSBuilder uses Java 7 currently. Correct me if I'm wrong. So am I missing the Java 8 optimizations found in the official releases if I build UMS with UMSB?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yes you're right, but it makes very little difference. Basically the only meaningful differences between the two versions is from a development perspective; Java 8 lets us write more concise code.