Installation issues with PMSencoder & Channels

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
onix

Installation issues with PMSencoder & Channels

Post by onix »

I seem to get the following error when I put pmsencoder-1.6.0.jar in my plugins folder:

Configuration error: net.pms.PMS.registerPlayer(Lnet/pms/encoders/Player;)V

I've put pmsencoder at the beginning of engines in UMS.conf in the program's installation folder but it doesn't make a difference. Any suggestions?

Running, Win7 x64.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(17.84 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
bcrest1

Re: Installation issues with PMSencoder & Channels

Post by bcrest1 »

Same here. Same error. Same OS.

Edit: Installed Shark's UMS build from P.2 of the Channels Plugin thread ( http://sharkhunter-shb.googlecode.com/f ... -setup.exe ) and no errors. Both plugs load just fine. (no auto download of channels as noted, but no big deal since I already had it).
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

This is a "bug" in UMS 1.3.0. Some deprecated code was cleaned up and some plugins (pmsencoder,channles too I think but only pmsencoder is seen during the startup) used the deprecated versions. Thes plugins has not been updated to stop using the deprecated code. Until that is done this error will occur. Use an older version. I'll make a specail version of UMS which wil work with these plugins later on.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
onix

Post by onix »

bcrest1 wrote:Edit: Installed Shark's UMS build from P.2 of the Channels Plugin thread ( http://sharkhunter-shb.googlecode.com/f ... -setup.exe ) and no errors. Both plugs load just fine. (no auto download of channels as noted, but no big deal since I already had it).
Thanks bcrest1, that worked. Should I stay on this pumped up version of 1.3.0 or move over to 1.4.0 with plugin installer?
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

You could try the new 1.4.0 with the plugin installer. pmsencoder has been updated so the deprecated code is now removed from there so it should work better. Plus you get a long list of new features as well of course...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.