New Media 'folder'

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ps3msuser

New Media 'folder'

Post by ps3msuser »

Now that I've upgraded to v3.0.0, is there a way to make it so only certain titles are in the 'New Media' folder? Right now, everything is listed, and that equates to about 300 movies that I -have- watched... and about 20 or so I haven't. Is there a way to edit something or trick it to make the 300 watched?

Also, is there a way to 'purge' the resume folder?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: New Media 'folder'

Post by SubJunk »

ps3msuser wrote:Now that I've upgraded to v3.0.0, is there a way to make it so only certain titles are in the 'New Media' folder? Right now, everything is listed, and that equates to about 300 movies that I -have- watched... and about 20 or so I haven't. Is there a way to edit something or trick it to make the 300 watched?
You can edit the file UMS.last, which on Windows is usually in C:\ProgramData\UMS\data, to add the names of the ones you've watched.
ps3msuser wrote:Also, is there a way to 'purge' the resume folder?
I'm not sure what you mean by the resume folder? If you mean is there a way to remove "resume" entries all at once, there isn't, but playing a resume file will remove it.
ps3msuser

Post by ps3msuser »

Hmmm, I guessing I didn't edit the file appropriately... (UMS.last in program data)

I've got them to show up in the 'Recently Played' folder, but can't them to disappear from the 'New Media' folder.

I've added lines such as this (I copied a previously watched one)

master:internal:net.pms.dlna.RealFile;3 Stooges.ts>E:\ps3share\Movies\Kid's\3 Stooges.ts

But they all keep showing up in new media.

Can you assist with how I should edit this file so that 'old' files don't show in the 'new media' folder?

Or, maybe I'm confused as to what the 'New Media' folder is for? I'd think it means 'unwatched/newly added media'

It'd be nice to have a 'ignore files before this date' setting or something along those lines.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

ps3msuser wrote:Also, is there a way to 'purge' the resume folder?
I'm not sure what you mean by the resume folder? If you mean is there a way to remove "resume" entries all at once, there isn't, but playing a resume file will remove it.[/quote]

Actually there is (or actually two ways) you can either find the resume folder (C:\ProgramData\UMS\data\resume) and remove what ever files you feel like or go in under the "Server Settings" folder over the XMB (you have to have ServerSettings visible for this) and from there you'll find a folder with all resume files where you can delete them one by ob or all at once. There is a folder for recent played as well.

It might be a bug in the new media pls upload logs AND your UMS.mon if you edit that one.
ps3msuser wrote: Or, maybe I'm confused as to what the 'New Media' folder is for? I'd think it means 'unwatched/newly added media'
It'd be nice to have a 'ignore files before this date' setting or something along those lines.
Your right in what new media means. BUT you the user tells UMS which folders to look for new media in. If you tell UMS to look for new media in a folder with hundreds of files UMS will think they're all new.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
ps3msuser

Post by ps3msuser »

The question is, how can I make them so that all of the existing movies are not marked new? Only newly added ones are new.

So, I want it to 'watch' the movies folder, but since this is a new feature, I don't want it to think ALL of the movies are new. Only a couple of them I haven't watched, and then going forward, only ones I add to the folder.

In other words, how can I manually mark them as watched and not new, without watching all 300+ movies. I'm guessing that UMS keeps track of this in either a text file or database somewhere on the system.
Last edited by ps3msuser on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

ps3ms don't have this feature.
And yes it is a text file that keeps track of this thats why I asked for your UMS.mon file which is found at the same place as your UMS.conf =(the "Profile directory" in the log)
ps3msuser

Post by ps3msuser »

My mistake, I meant UMS, not ps3ms...

I'll take a look at the ums.mon file as I have not edited that one. Per subjunk's post above, it was ums.last that should have been edited.

Thanks
ps3msuser

Post by ps3msuser »

ums.mon gets regenerated at each start.

So, I guess this isn't possible at the moment and I'll need to 'watch' each of the movies to have them removed from the 'new media' folder?

Again, it would be nice to have a setting to say 'only consider new if after this date'

Since a lot of us have large libraries, and with this new feature, everything is considered 'new media'
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Nope ums.mon doesn't get generated every time. It removes "dead meat" every start.
Add a line

Code: Select all

entry=C:\experiment\xyz.mp4
entry=c:\experiment\abc.mp4
each line in that file is "viewed".
I've added a "Clear all" to the monitor thing which will mark all files in a folder as watched. So this is most likely an easier way.
ps3msuser

Post by ps3msuser »

Sweet, thank you!

Oh, and I figured out the ums.mon issue - typo in output of my perl script to generate the listing. Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated!
Last edited by ps3msuser on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.