UFC

For discussing TV series
SubJunk
Lead Developer

UFC

Post by SubJunk » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Just got done watching UFC on Fuel 4 and what a great night! Some technical grappling in the earlier matches and then exciting striking in the last 2 fights. Great mix of styles throughout the night and it's the first time in months I've liked every fight on a UFC card.
Plus the fact that my fellow countryman James Te Huna got the win despite breaking his hand and foot in the first round makes it extra sweet!

squadjot

Re: UFC

Post by squadjot » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Hah, nice.. i really like watching these aswell, my favorite sports on TV
StrikeForce is also pretty awesome, Tate Vs Roussy, girl matchup..sounds boring?..check it out :D

SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeah I love Ronda Rousey, she is the armbar queen! There's also an organisation called Invicta that had an all-female fight card that was pretty cool

squadjot

Post by squadjot » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:13 am

SubJunk wrote:Yeah I love Ronda Rousey, she is the armbar queen! There's also an organisation called Invicta that had an all-female fight card that was pretty cool
Cool!..yeah, i'd let Rhonda Rousey submit me ANYDAY! ..haha!
She's good, the rematch will be really exiting.

It's funny, it seems like female fighters does not back up very much.. they just take punches, and go on! Very seldom a boring female fight.
Same night, the fight Sarah Kaufman vs. Alexis Davis..damn.. those girls beat eathother up!..no stopping.. no quitting.

Great to watch!

SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 am

Yeah I think the not backing up thing is more to do with the lighter weight-classes than gender; guys in low weight-classes hardly back up either. There aren't many people at low weights who can punch hard enough to get knockouts so it's much safer to walk through punches than at heavier weights

naberat

Post by naberat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:15 am

I think i must try to watch this