[Solved] Prettifying filenames

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
KONTROLMASTER

Re: Prettifying filenames

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Also I don't have any of the media files if the folder is enabled, as mentioned there: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ease-Notes . It's empty.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I named a file on my computer to the same as your Transformers one, and prettifying worked correctly for that.
Can you please provide logs after you have renamed the database folder? Hopefully then the logs will be easier to read without the database errors
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

KONTROLMASTER wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:44 am Also I don't have any of the media files if the folder is enabled, as mentioned there: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ease-Notes . It's empty.
That feature needs the database to work so if we can fix that it will make that work
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

OK, thanks I'll check! Previously I've only just deleted the files inside the folder.
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Much thanks!!!!! It's working now! But I'll send the logs, just in case!

https://mega.nz/file/kMA3wCCT#fThB_E0u1 ... jcKoqiJbVo
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: [Solved] Prettifying filenames

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for confirming :)
reliken

Post by reliken »

I have a number of movies this feature does not work correctly for. For example: among all of my movies, I wanted all of the Marvel Movies to go together and in release order, so I don't have to memorize them. So I have changed all of the file names to "Marvel (year) Title of Film."

Well... prettify filenames turns all of these into the wrong thing. All of the 2016 Marvel films are "prettifyed" to "Pokemon the Movie: Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel." This is then listed 4 different times, and many of the rest are wrong as well.

Similarly, I want all the films by Kevin Smith to go together. So I made the filenames: "Kevin Smith (year) Title of Film." Prettify filenames changes all of these to "Kevin Smith 1995." I have the same problem with Disney films.

The prettify feature is great 95% of the time for me, but there are some cases like this where it's extremely annoying! I don't want to turn it off altogether, though, because it's otherwise so useful... Not sure what can be done, but I wish something. Thanks!
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

If you change the name of the file then it will not be able to make a proper match with movie sites like IMDB.

UMS will not know that a file beginning with "Marvel" is not the name of the movie so it looks for ones that contain that in 2016. It looks like that Pokemon movie is the only match.

I suggest you use the standard naming convention of Name (year) to make sure it matches the right movie data. I think the brackets around the year will help match those movies that have a year in the name like "Blade Runner 2049 (2017)"

If you use the media library folder you can select those that have a certain actor, director, year, etc. I don't know if there is one that will work for Disney or Marvel but you could have all those films in their own folder.

Another option is to disable the setting to get data online from the API. Then this should only remove irrelevant information from the filenames but keep the structure.

Code: Select all

# Prettify filenames (does not rename the actual files)
# -----------------------------------------------------
# Controls whether or not to automatically rename filenames to be more
# readable by removing superfluous information from them such as release
# group, quality, source, etc.

# Use info from our API
# ---------------------
# This appends episode titles and movie years from IMDb to the file name.
# For example, the file "Show.Name.S01E01.HDTV-GroupName" will show up as
# "Show Name S01E01 - Episode Title".
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Another idea is instead of renaming the files themselves, put them into a folder like “Marvel”. That doesn’t work so well with the Media Library I know, but for those manually ordered ones you would browse to them outside the Media Library.

The Filter by Information should work for Kevin Smith

I’m also interested in any ideas about other things we can do. It’s great to have feedback about it