Live Subtitles

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Supermanfan77

Live Subtitles

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Please forgive me and I ask this only because the search function of this board either isn't working or is having a problem.

My question is simple. How does Live Subtitles work? Right now with 13.4.0 I don't see that folder on my tv. Neither does video resuming actually. I've restarted UMS after turning both options on but they don't show up. Anyways any insight would be apriciated.

Regards,
Superman77
mik_s

Re: Live Subtitles

Post by mik_s »

I think this may be related to this as I found that the resume option in the web settings was changing the wrong option in UMS.conf, and hiding the media library could disable the cache. If the cache is disabled then things like live subtitles will not work either.

You could check your UMS.conf in C:\ProgramData\UMS in a text editor to see if these options are enabled

Code: Select all

use_cache =true
show_live_subtitles_folder =true
resume =true
It is supposed to show a "Live subtitles" folder when you browse to your videos, similar to how the #--TRANSCODE--# folder appears. Inside there is options to use various subtitles from OpenSubtitles
I have not used this much and there have been a few times it did not work, but I found that the OpenSubtitles site was down at the time.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.