Vlc progress slider not working

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dbfranz

Re: Vlc progress slider not working

Post by dbfranz »

The strange thing is that with other devices (a chinese tablet and realme 9) that are older than redmi 12 5g I can see all the video correctly. The problem is only with this new device (redmi 12 5g).
When I cast it on the chromecast, however, it shows well.
dbfranz

Post by dbfranz »

Anyway, thank you for your support!!!
dbfranz

Post by dbfranz »

Are you sure that it's only a network problem? Because if I put Pigasus.conf back, than the slider does not work again, but the video is perfect. If i remove Pigasus.conf the slider start working but the video is shaking and flickering
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

If you use the pigasus conf then everything is being transcoded. As there is not enough network bandwidth then UMS is using a lower bitrate to allow the videos to be played smoothly, but also results in a lower quality video. It also comes with the downside of not being able to seek, changing subtitles and audio tracks.

When it is using the proper conf then UMS is sending the video unaltered to your device, but as the bitrate of those files is higher than your available bandwidth, or other devices are jumping in to take up some of it, then it leaves the video buffering and hitching on your phone as it is not receiving the data fast enough.

The only real solution is to optimise your network as the speed tests to all your devices were low, but to this one was the lowest.
Ideally you should need around 20mb/s for decent playback of streamed videos, but you were only getting 3mb/s.
The bottleneck is probably from your computer to the router as you are using wifi instead of a wired connection.
I don't know how you have your network set up or what router you have so I don't have any other advice on how to improve it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
dbfranz

Post by dbfranz »

Ok, now it's clear. Thank you again!