Norton install and no files on TV - Debug

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
OzDracula

Norton install and no files on TV - Debug

Post by OzDracula »

Hi Chaps.
Regrettably I recently switched my antivirus from Trend to Norton on Windows10. :roll:
After fiddling with the firewall settings l can see UMS on my TV, but it doesn't show any folders or files within Photo & Video when I select it, just a black screen on my LG OLED. Any assistance appreciated.
Cheers.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I tried selecting Music and it opens that no problem. Weird. :|
From there I can see all the folders, but obviously can't access any video files.
I've opened ports 5001 and 9001 (as that is what UMS says it's using) in Norton's firewall settings. No joy.

*I had tried turning the TV off and on with the remote control. Turns out I needed to turn it off at the wall. :roll:
All working now. :)
Attachments
Firewall Ports
Firewall Ports
Firewall Ports.jpg (117.13 KiB) Viewed 6924 times
ums_dbg_2023-11-04-11-51.zip
Debug
(203.88 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
LG Screen
LG Screen
UMS PV.jpg (3.04 MiB) Viewed 7064 times
Last edited by OzDracula on Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:54 am, edited 8 times in total.
mik_s

Re: New Norton install and no files on TV

Post by mik_s »

As this happened with an antivirus change then I would say the problem is with that, but besides basic network setup I don't know what to check for.
I might be able to find a clue if you posted your logs (see the section in red above)

You could try reinstalling UMS as part of its installation is to setup firewall rules.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.