UMS hangs on saving configuration changes

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
BitEater

UMS hangs on saving configuration changes

Post by BitEater »

Hi all,

I just installed UMs on my new WIndows 10 computer. Basically it works. I was able to adapt the "Shared Content". But unfortunately I am not able to save configuration changes. If I try I shows "Saving your configuration changes" and hangs without actually saving the changes.
20231103 UMS Saving config.png
20231103 UMS Saving config.png (5.45 KiB) Viewed 8804 times
Debug files are attached.

Any Ideas what is wrong here?
Thank you
Attachments
_ums_dbg_2023-11-03-16-43.zip
(339.6 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
mik_s

Re: UMS hangs on saving configuration changes

Post by mik_s »

This is a known bug and has been fixed in 13.8.0

It is not actually hanging, the notification just does not go away.

You can still use the old GUI if you need to change some settings or edit UMS.conf in a text editor.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
BitEater

Post by BitEater »

mik_s wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:23 pm This is a known bug and has been fixed in 13.8.0

It is not actually hanging, the notification just does not go away.

You can still use the old GUI if you need to change some settings or edit UMS.conf in a text editor.
Thank you. I just subscribed to Patreon and downloaded it. Hopefully it works.
Unfortunately not only the notification was hanging, also the configuration was acutally not updated and it seems there are not all options available in the old GUI.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

The saving should work on 13.8.0 but I think the notification fix might not be in that version as I was doing some testing with this on the V14 snapshot for something else and reported this issue.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.