Having trouble configuring virtual folders

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
hfert34

Having trouble configuring virtual folders

Post by hfert34 »

I can't find any official documentation on using virtual folders outside of a few random threads from here.

I've tried what is listed here with no success as this is what I want to accomplish: viewtopic.php?t=15071

I want to be able to point multiple Windows directories to a single virtual folder in UMS so they show up as a single source.

Can anyone point me to a current configuration guide if this is possible?
mik_s

Re: Having trouble configuring virtual folders

Post by mik_s »

In the web settings go to shared content and click the "+ Add new shared content" box.
Clipboard Image (3).jpg
Clipboard Image (3).jpg (14.69 KiB) Viewed 973 times
There you can select virtual folder as type then fill in the details you want it to appear as. Then you can keep adding folders to appear as a single folder in UMS
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
hfert34

Re: Having trouble configuring virtual folders

Post by hfert34 »

OK, I have this set up and they show up in my render as the specified virtual folder name, but nothing loads when I click the shares (in the renderer). I can only see the folder names, but no files load. I am using VLC for reference.

Also, is the path a required field?

Edit: reboot seems to resolve this