How to disable transcoding for only AVC H264 mp4 files?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
meranvi

How to disable transcoding for only AVC H264 mp4 files?

Post by meranvi »

Hi,

How to disable transcoding for only AVC H264 mp4 videos?

The "Skip transcoding for the following extensions" is not what I'm looking for, because it checks only the extension of the file, not the video's codec. MP4 videos encoded in H264 format can be played without transcoding. But I can't find an option to skip transcoding based on the codec (H264) of the video.
mik_s

Re: How to disable transcoding for only AVC H264 mp4 files?

Post by mik_s »

This is set up un the renderer conf file for your device.
If it is transcoding h264 when this is a supported format then it is using the wrong conf or there is not one for it yet.

If you post your log files (see the section in red above) I will be able to see what it is using and tweak a similar conf to work for you.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
meranvi

Post by meranvi »

Where are the renderer conf files for browsers (Chrome, Firefox)?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

There is no conf for browsers anymore as they are hard coded to use one format in the web player.

It uses HLS which allows seeking with transcoded video plus a load of extra stuff that was not possible before.
Everything will be transcoded using this so the web player only needs to support that one format, it was limited to what would work anyway and even h264 videos would not play properly depending on how they were encoded.

What is your problem? is it not working?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.