Stream m3u files

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
apoklyps3

Re: Stream m3u files

Post by apoklyps3 »

fixed the photos ...
here is the trace:
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(59.05 KiB) Downloaded 603 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

apoklyps3 wrote:fixed the photos ...
many thx :).
apoklyps3 wrote:here is the trace:
Try this update (put the enclosed update.jar next to ums.jar in your UMS program folder and restart). The streams items should now show up in the shared xmb folder:
update-m3ufix.zip
Unzip to UMS program folder
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 806 times
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

it works :)
now when open the m3u file there is a media inside it and it plays.
not that I'm unpleased but would like to ask if you can "shorten" the things a little in the sense that the m3u files themselves be detected as media files directly or at least the ones that have the specific tags inside:

Code: Select all

#EXTM3U 
#EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

apoklyps3 wrote:it works :)
Excellent! I'll fix this in source (remember to remove update.jar at the next UMS release).
apoklyps3 wrote:would like to ask if you can "shorten" the things a little in the sense that the m3u files themselves be detected as media files
m3u files are technically playlists and could be multi-item, hence the folder representation. In practice many/most web m3us are single-item (radio stations, etc) but since we don't necessarily know this beforehand we default to folders. You're right that for local m3us this wouldn't be a problem, it's worth considering (no promises :)).
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

yeah, it would be cool if UMS could detect the type of the m3u file (local) and by contents to display it as video file or as a folder if contains multiple items.
thanks anyway.
now all I have to do is to figure why the streams take a long time load. on the PC they open in vlc in about 5 seconds for scrambled channels and 1-2 seconds for unscrambled ones. on the TV it goes to 35 seconds for both of them.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

apoklyps3 wrote:on the TV it goes to 35 seconds for both of them
Likely UMS buffering. It probably won't make any difference but try also ffmpeg, etc from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder.
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

yeah...it doesn't make any difference.
I don't suppose I could lower the UMS buffering time
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

no improvement on this?
still buffers like crazy every 1s and the stream takes alot to start.
been using serviio in the meantime and it loads the streams very fast and they don't buffer. of course it would have been perfect if the serviio wouldn't fail to recognize the streams at times. :lol: