MEDE8ER ???

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
nenito2k

Re: MEDE8ER ???

Post by nenito2k »

thanx wolfgang....you make it so too easy to be true ! Never though to use that renderer....BlackBerryPlayBook-KalemSoftMP ?? you did that one a year ago right ? :mrgreen:
always based myself on ps3 or realtek :?
would have loved if you did that for me as i suppose it would be quick for ya, guess your are busy...
i will give it another shot :roll:
and yes the MEde8er is the device that accepts the most formats out there, it natively plays every single codec aside from FLV, HEVC and some 10 bit encodes.... that is why i NEED to optimized UMS :idea:
i will :idea: then send it over to their forums and make many people happy i guess !
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

SO does it work now? If so pls either make a pull request with you new render conf file on git hub. Or simply upload it here and we'll include it in future releases.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

shark ! speaking with a legend am i not ? :shock: :shock: :shock:
thanx for the interest....well i still did not have time to test and do what WOLF suggested....give me 48h
But i really don't wanna upload it before you have a look :)
should be very easy for you to approuve or not as the MED natively reads every single format :mrgreen:
will keep you posted ! thanx again for the interest !
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

I don't know if I'm a legend but I been around for a while :). If you got a MED8ER and get it to work pls share your conf file with us. We don't have all the renders we support (that would be very expensive) but we do have a lot.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

nenito2k wrote:thanx wolfgang....you make it so too easy to be true ! Never though to use that renderer....BlackBerryPlayBook-KalemSoftMP ?? you did that one a year ago right ? :mrgreen:
always based myself on ps3 or realtek :?
Ohh, I didn't recall there was a RealTek profile already, i was answering remotely by memory :-)
Just make sure UserAgentSearch=RealtekMediaCenter in the RealTek profile and that should work then (most likely the profile indicates to stream anything without transcoding as the renderer is very capable)
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

great wolf ! make it much easier

please at the end of the conf file of the realtel there is StreamExtensions, i am adding the ones supported...what is the correct code/writing for DTS hd and dolby true hd ????
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

ok WOLF did as you said....and tested....
seems ok but i have one question to you and SHARK !

if my player is compatible natively with external subs, must i still encode it with ffmpeg/mencoder ???

anyway for now quite happy with UMS+Mede8er i tested

720p mkv
1080p mkv
SD 480p
and 720p/1080p HEVC encoded @24hz , @50hz & @60hz in AC3 : AND IT WORKED great ! :o :o :o :o :o :o
Seems Subjunk did incredible improvements on the implementation of HEVC

will upload the conf file SHARK, BUT it seems to me it is incomplete and not accurate. Please have a look when later

EDIT: attached the conf file....i really dunno if i did even changed anything really; as i don't even know how to put the icon :roll:
hope it helps even a little WOLF
Attachments
Mede8er test.conf
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

file uploaded....
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

nenito2k have you read the PS3.conf which serve as a guide for customizing renderers .conf? At the end of that file is written

Code: Select all

# SupportedSubtitlesType: Comma-separated list of text-based subtitle formats
# supported by the renderer for streaming together with streaming (not transcoded) video.
#
#        Supported formats:        File extension:
#        SUBRIP                    .srt
#        ASS                       .ass or.ssa
#        TEXT                      .txt
#        MICRODVD                  .sub
#
# E.g. "SupportedSubtitlesType = SUBRIP,ASS,MICRODVD"
#
# SupportedSubtitlesType =

# UseClosedCaption: Some renderers use the "sec:CaptionInfoEx" parameter to
# stream external subtitles.
# Supported subtitles are defined in SupportedSubtitlesType.
#
# Default value is false.
UseClosedCaption =
so add the line

SupportedSubtitlesType = SUBRIP
and test it. Hopefully it may work if Realtek media center support them. Eventually you can try

SupportedSubtitlesType = SUBRIP
UseClosedCaption = true
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

thanx for the interest....but i have no clue where to add the info !!! bear in mind that i used the REALTEK conf file, as suggested by WOLF (and it was much easier for me -unlike PS3 - to understand !!!!!

On top? at the end ? :shock: in between lines ? do i leave a blank space ? how much blank etc....really i am lost... :oops:

Can you just give me a hand ?!! use the conf file just above and upload another one modified by you.
please....and i will test it :roll:

Here are the subtitle files the Mede8er supports:
.pgs,
.srt,
.ssa,
.ass,
.smi, .idx +
.sub, (bluray)
.sup (DVD)
.txt